Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Marine visor cap

Hello,
    I don't find this maker in the base and the cap seems to be like new, what do you think about it ?
    Thanks

sorry for the poor photos quality ....
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Maker would have been Pekuro.
      Haupt would have been the retailer.
      I have to check and see if #16 matches Haupt.
      Looks like a legit wartime marine visor, the question is when was the insignia added.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I have a SA Kepi from Anton Haupt.

See post #105 - 109 in this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=279087&page=3
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is another view of the Kepi tag--looks to be a "16"
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Where did you find 16 was Peküro?
            In the lists from the RZM this number is one of those that is not filled in and so
            16 got no number after the publishing of the RZM handbook from 1935. If they
            indeed had that number, then it was withdrawn before the publishing of the
            handbook.
            Peter Küpper got a number, but that was A1/1073. They held this number anyway
            since 1938 as it was then included with the RZM mnufacturers list.
            Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 11-12-2019, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
              Where did you find 16 was Peküro?
              In the lists from the RZM this number is one of those that is not filled in and so
              16 got no number after the publishing of the RZM handbook from 1935. If they
              indeed had that number, then it was withdrawn before the publishing of the
              handbook.
              Peter Küpper got a number, but that was A1/1073. They held this number anyway
              since 1938 as it was then included with the RZM mnufacturers list.

No one stated 16 was Pekuro. The question is whether 16 matched up with Haupt.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                No one stated 16 was Pekuro. The question is whether 16 matched up with Haupt.
                sorry, I did misunderstood. I thought this was said.
                The inside tag is quite early 1933-1935. Haupt might not have been a manufacturer after all, but a seller.
                I do not see this name amongst the 1,400 others I have, having an RZM permission.
                Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 11-12-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

After the introduction of the A1 and A2 licences in March 1935 Peter Peter Küpper was issued 1073 as Wim points out.
                  Prior to that there was another numbering system although I have never found the listing. Hat manufacturers definitely had Ausweis numbers in 1934 as the numbers can be found in the lists of cap manufacturers who lost their permissions (as published in the Mitteilungsblatter).
                  The kepi posted would certainly point to Peter Küpper making hats for the distributor Haupt. If only the RZM tag in that kepi was clearer as to the number 16.
                  Finally, is it just me but the dates of the tag and the cap don't seem to quite match up.

Comment

Originally posted by derek View Post
                    After the introduction of the A1 and A2 licences in March 1935 Peter Peter Küpper was issued 1073 as Wim points out.
                    Prior to that there was another numbering system although I have never found the listing. Hat manufacturers definitely had Ausweis numbers in 1934 as the numbers can be found in the lists of cap manufacturers who lost their permissions (as published in the Mitteilungsblatter).
                    The kepi posted would certainly point to Peter Küpper making hats for the distributor Haupt. If only the RZM tag in that kepi was clearer as to the number 16.
                    Finally, is it just me but the dates of the tag and the cap don't seem to quite match up.

Derek, thanks.....
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The thing that puzzles me is that none of the RZM 1073 marked visor caps I've seen so far exhibit the well known characteristics associated to Peter Küpper e.g. the typical stirndruckfrei sweatband or lining with numerous pleats.

Comment

Originally posted by derek View Post
                        I checked all my material from the RZM. Me neither have a list with numbers dated earlier then spring 1934.
                        So number 16 (either a Nachweis or permission for MH, which is a manufacturer for headgear - Hersteller für Dienstmützen)
                        was not mentioned when the first numbers were withdrawn in the RZM periodical in May 1934.
                        For example Friedrich Schmolow from Schlawe at Pommern was withdrawn his permission with the date February 5, 1934.
                        The number soon was given to Paul Märker from Bremerhaven, anyway before the publishing of the RZM-handbook.
                        Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 11-13-2019, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Thank you for all your research !

So finally a wartime navy cap but probably transformed?

I can ask for more pictures, could some particulars views help?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X