• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsdauer Officer Visor for Review

Thoughts?
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Attractive, but the wool looks odd enough to be suspicious. Do we get to see the interior?

Comment

Nope, nothing i would want to own.
      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Impossible to be certain without seeing the interior, but I must say I have seen perfectly original late war examples with this type of piping and wool.

Kurt

Comment

I don't like the wool, the matching wool under the capband, the piping, visible stitching. J

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
            Impossible to be certain without seeing the interior, but I must say I have seen perfectly original late war examples with this type of piping and wool.

Kurt
            As far as the fabric body goes, I'm with Kurt - it looks a lot like the wool in one of my caps that I am perfectly comfortable with. I kind of like the band cloth - but can't recall seeing piping like that in the past. Is the piping made from the same cloth as the band? To me, the cap is certainly intriguing. I would like to see more. If you don't "snag" it, Chris - let me know where you found it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting cap the cap band looks like it has false piping. The band is the same material as the piping, the exposed stitching on the lower part of the band is sewn in a way to make it look like piping. Same color and weave of material. That's what I'm seeing anyway
              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Guys, when I saw the exterior, I thought it was a good ca. 1943 visor.
                However, the interior gives it away--hat is a ground up repro, and a good one for its time:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post

Kurt

I am with Kurt and NC on this--I have seen this rough wool on plenty of visors (even Erel)
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior is the nail in the coffin for this cap but I suspect the "ersatz" wool is authentic fabric. I bet it's quite heavy weight though and not meant for caps.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                      Interior is the nail in the coffin for this cap but I suspect the "ersatz" wool is authentic fabric. I bet it's quite heavy weight though and not meant for caps.
                      Ben, good point--probably greatcoat wool.

I am surprised at the amount of effort that went into a lesser-in-demand visor.
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Well, the guts are a bomb - but . . .

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        I am with Kurt and NC on this--I have seen this rough wool on plenty of visors (even Erel)
                        The example I have is a Schelly - but I would really like to find an authentic EREL in this fabric someday.

Comment

It is not rough wool in the cap body that is necesarrilly a problem for me , it is the use of the same material on the bottom edge of the cap band that is problematic. It is rarely find together on an original hat imo. Also there are different "rough" fabrics, some are OK, some like this hat and found on many fakes is not. J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X