Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which insigna?

Hi there!

Up to your attention the loops of this Schirmmütze. For which badge could be?

Best,
    Attached Files

New one for me?

Comment

Someone didn't want to make holes in his Visor and added Loops, have seen that in the Past. If it would be red, then Gebirgsartillery, bit this one looks like Panzer right? Maybe someone added a prussian Skull.
      Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 11-02-2019, 03:10 PM.
      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
        Someone didn't want to make holes in his Visor and added Loops, have seen that in the Past. If it would be red, then Gebirgsartillery, bit this one looks like Panzer right? Maybe someone added a prussian Skull.
        I agree, most insignia is just pinned through but here it looks like loops were installed for a "tradition badge" or possibly even a chaplain's cross?

JC
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
          If it would be red, then Gebirgsartillery, bit this one looks like Panzer right? Maybe someone added a prussian Skull.
          Yep, the piping is pink...

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
            I agree, most insignia is just pinned through but here it looks like loops were installed for a "tradition badge" or possibly even a chaplain's cross?
            For sure that's a new way to keep a badge. But there's any used by the panzermanner on their Schirrmütze?

Comment

Originally posted by frank savage View Post
              For sure that's a new way to keep a badge. But there's any used by the panzermanner on their Schirrmütze?
              No expert but some guys here will know for sure. These 3 are the only examples of traditions badges on caps I had in my archives as examples but I know there was also another type of skull worn in this manner that looked more like a panzer collar tab skull but no idea if it was actually a panzer tradition badge or not

JC

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for your reply!

Thanks to you too Jean-Claude! Yep, the only knows traditionals badges that usually takes place in this point are the infantry and cavalry ones, not related to any Panzer Div.
                The loops on the cap are anyway original for sure: the eagle position is very high...

Best,

Comment

On an indonesian website (?) I have found some interesting things:

the Schwedteradler could be on the headgear of the Regiments-Stab 2. and 4., Schwadronen of Reiter-Regiment 6 (then Kavallerie-Regiment 6), Kradschützen-Bataillon 3 (from april, 28 1943 Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 3) and all the units under the 3. Panzer Division. The Kradschützen-Bataillon 3 began to wear the badge from october, 12 1937.

By the study the only ones who used the mix pink waffenfarbe/Schwedter Adler were the men of Panzerjäger-Abteilung 69 / 3, Kavallerie-Division and the Schwere Abteilung or Kavallerie-Regiment 'Mitte' Panzer crew.

Its correct?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X