Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 cap, darkblue, which branch?

Hello,

This M43 cap was found recently in the Netherlands.
    In my opinion an original wartime M43 cap, but which branch would it be?
    The color is very darkblue. The buttons are the standard silver pebbled type.
    On the inside the cap is faintly marked with the date 1944, size 56 and Rbnr 0/0601/0015.

Any info is very welcome!
    Attached Files

Any interior pictures? The rb number would be 0/0501/0015 looks like a striped and post war died lufteaffe cap see blue/black dye on the button hole threads and cap replaced buttons
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
      looks like a striped and post war died lufteaffe cap

Comment

If it is a post war dyed cap there are good products available to get it back to original. Search "getting the dye out" for an example.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
          The rb number would be 0/0501/0015 looks like a striped and post war died lufteaffe cap see blue/black dye on the button hole threads and cap replaced buttons

Comment

Originally posted by dhcoleterracina View Post
            If it is a post war dyed cap there are good products available to get it back to original. Search "getting the dye out" for an example.
            Thats not so eazy.

I had one of these hats from Holland, wanted to see how the dye removal would affect the wool and how the wool would look after...it doesnt work that good.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info!
              So it's a LW M43 that has been dyed black for use after the war.
              Well, still not a bad find for 50 cents I think

Daniel, what kind of product/method did you use for the removal?

Comment

50 cents, wow... Indeed still a nice find

Comment

Dye it again, black. Then it is panzer. J

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn S View Post
                    Daniel, what kind of product/method did you use for the removal?
                    the ones that were recommended by some guys here, just do a search on dye removal.

I did not try it to have an cheap LW hat, i did it as i was curious how the wool and lining would look and be affected after dye removal on a hat.

I dont think one can be succesful on removing dye on hats and tunics, it will always ruin the wool in some way.

Comment

This kind of product is made to discolor first, before re-dying :

https://www.ideal.fr/produit/decolorant-avant-teinture/

Comment

You should contact NickG on this forum, he has used these products.

He even bought an dyed heer tunic and after he was done the tunic turned to SS
                        Last edited by Daniel.S; 11-02-2019, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
                          You should contact NickG on this forum, he has used these products.

He even bought an dyed heer tunic and after he was done the tunic turned to SS
                          the cap is hardly even messing with for 50 cents wear it cuffing the grass it's already been used post war
                          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X