No announcement yet.

Reichsleiter visor, opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the warelics thread. This one I can believe is authentic despite no photo of the interior.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
      From the warelics thread. This one I can believe is authentic despite no photo of the interior.
      I examined this one in person some years ago--I could find nothing wrong with it.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Regarding the other one, I have not seen it in person, but I have seen that type of wool used in other hats, ie, Osteinsatz (as Wim stated they were used in the GG).

I did examine this one in person, and it was 100% right as rain:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Generalgouvernement visor with the mottled wool:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

So 2 people think the first pictured visor cap is a terrible fake, and 2 people think it has a chance. Dueling experts?

Comment

Brian, if your aim in these recent visor cap threads is to be as annoying as possible with nothing useful to contribute, you've already succeeded, well done!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                So 2 people think the first pictured visor cap is a terrible fake, and 2 people think it has a chance. Dueling experts?

No "duel"--I am just pointing out that there are real visors that had mottled "fuzzy" wool visors, so based on that alone, a PL visor should not be immediately discounted.

I am 100% confident in both the visors I inspected.

I never inspected the 2 that lead off this thread.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Wool Visors of course existed, but look at the Wool from the Visor what started this Thread....not for me. And then i would like to see a Reichsleiter Visor in Wool, not a Generalgouvernement one. Beside the Wool, the Hat has some other Issues too....Piping to me is a Joke, and the complete look and Shape from the Hat not makes it any better. When i am ask to put 20K on the Table then i want in return something PERFECT, with not a single Issue.

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                  No "duel"--I am just pointing out that there are real visors that had mottled "fuzzy" wool visors, so based on that alone, a PL visor should not be immediately discounted.

I am 100% confident in both the visors I inspected.

I never inspected the 2 that lead off this thread.
                  Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 10-28-2019, 11:35 AM.
                  WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
                    Wool Visors of course existed, but look at the Wool from the Visor what started this Thread....not for me. And then i would like to see a Reichsleiter Visor in Wool, not a Generalgouvernement one. Beside the Wool, the Hat has some other Issues too....Piping to me is a Joke, and the complete look and Shape from the Hat not makes it any better. When i am ask to put 20K on the Table then i want in return something PERFECT, with not a single Issue.
                    Do you see that the cap in post 33 has the same wool as the cap in post 1? Do you acknowledge that this type of brown wool was used in later PL caps?

Comment

At later Political Caps heavy Wool (Ersatzmaterial ) was of course used. But there is a big Difference between the Wool from Post 1 and the Wool from Post 33. Cap in Post 1 is Fake, and not even a good one. That Crap of Fuzzy Wool on that Hat is nothing i would want anywhere near me. Beside that, there are a lot other Things wrong with it. I would really like to see just one single Reichsleiter Visor in that Type of Wool what is proofen original. Never seen one the past 35 Years.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        Regarding the other one, I have not seen it in person, but I have seen that type of wool used in other hats, ie, Osteinsatz (as Wim stated they were used in the GG).

I did examine this one in person, and it was 100% right as rain:
                        Chis ,do you thik that is same wool ? Is different
                        Carlo

Comment

1+ way different.

Originally posted by solo View Post
                          Chis ,do you thik that is same wool ? Is different
                          Carlo

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                            Brian, if your aim in these recent visor cap threads is to be as annoying as possible with nothing useful to contribute, you've already succeeded, well done!
                            Well, you've certainly provided nothing useful to me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X