Luftwaffe M43 lightweight cap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe M43 lightweight cap.

Hello, to ensure my opinions, about a friends cap, is this a ww2 foreign made cap or german made ? Thank you.
    Best regards.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 02-05-2020, 12:48 PM. Reason: Outside image hosting

Looking ok to me,interior pictures? And you need to upload pictures directly from your PC this thread will most likely be deleted
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

These so-called "lightweight" Luftwaffe M43 caps, when marked, are observed with either RB or RF number stamped on the liner, hence I assume they're German made. Collectors' lore says they're Italian-made or tailored from seized Italian fabric, I believe it's just a late war Ersatz textile.
      Nice specimen, BTW.

Comment

Yeah these lightweight caps are still a bit of mystery. I still have to see one on a period portrait, but I think they are ok, too, like this one.
        Although the pictures are not the best...

Comment

Pics of the lining are always important to give an opinion ...
          I see a light weight original cap for now !
          Nick

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPennisi View Post
            These so-called "lightweight" Luftwaffe M43 caps, when marked, are observed with either RB or RF number stamped on the liner, hence I assume they're German made. Collectors' lore says they're Italian-made or tailored from seized Italian fabric, I believe it's just a late war Ersatz textile.
            Nice specimen, BTW.
            Occasionally just a simple size stamp with purple ink as well
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Luftwaffe Lightweight M 43 cap.

Hello thank you all for your advise. I tru to post lining pictures next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ir 143 View Post
                Hello thank you all for your advise. I tru to post lining pictures next week.
                You can but it's a good one for sure. Material, eagle, stitching,....it has all the good features of a genuine lightweight cap.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X