• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBT army cap

A friend of mine has this cap, but I am just not convinced, am I wrong,
    Attached Files

Any history on how acquired ?? Billbert

Comment

I am convinced your friend has the cap. However, it is only some original insignia dirtied a little on a fantasy WH cap IMO.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the reply, he got it from a dealer in Europe, he wants to sell it but was trying to help. For me this cap never existed in this style, hbt is wrong, wear to the outside but not inside. As always thoughts appreciated.

Comment

HBT caps exist like this for RAD..interiors are similar color..Billbert

Comment

Ah ok, rad did cross my mind, will go check them out, the hbt was giving me cause for concern. Maybe too cautious?

Comment

The insignia does look well seated, but of course tough with pictures sometimes, for other aspects

Comment

Originally posted by grndevil44 View Post
                Hey guys, thanks for the reply, he got it from a dealer in Europe, he wants to sell it but was trying to help. For me this cap never existed in this style, hbt is wrong, wear to the outside but not inside. As always thoughts appreciated.
                Maybe some POW made cap with newly insignia adedd, but not factory made piece for sure.

Comment

I don't think pow, I used to own a green hbt sidecap with army insignia and red soutache, was white lined and well worn, one looker imo. This was 30 years ago, never seen another since, sadly I don't have a picture of it either,

Of course when I said never existed I can't say I seen everything

Comment

"HBT"cotton cloth is faded and the lining doesn't have any traces of wear ?
                    Not a WH HBT cloth also , private made in the best case , but when ?
                    Nick

Comment

HBT industry made caps do exist , like RAD for example but WH issue caps were also observed and already discussed in this Forum !
                      Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X