• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Ever Seen this Erel Logo Before?

On a panzergrenadier visor--very crude, but the hat actually looks good:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Yes, it does look original. The style and printing of the label look rather poor as though it might be done the afternoon of 28 April '45. Simply strange but good Kleiderkasse Berlin. Perhaps the Ltn. is traceable which would be a find.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
      Perhaps the Ltn. is traceable which would be a find.
      I'd be interested in hearing, if anyone discovers. That is my Wife's surname - and could be a relation.

Comment

in 45 plus years i have not..odd duck..Billbert

Comment

Never seen another eReL shield like this before and odd lining as well.

Comment

Never.

Comment

It's like the 'bert says: "They NEVER did that....YEAH they did ....."
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Well yes, agreed. I was just answering your question. Never seen it.

Is it legitimate?

Comment

What did the Erel, logo look like late 1940's?

Comment

Kasse is a cash register. Klasse a grade of clothing. Is this correct for the sweatshield? Offizier Kleiderkasse then lower Sonderklasse Extra.

Robt.
                    Last edited by RGD51; 08-17-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

The Kleiderkasse is where an officer goes to purchase uniform items if he does not go to a tailor which would obviously cost more.

Comment

At face value, kind of a frugal budget hat in my opinion. Ive never seen that kind of acetate trap before though.

Robt.

Comment

TWS just reminded me that this same hat had been posted years ago, with the all-important under the hood shots:

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums//...d.php?t=745908
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

A first for me in seeing this type Erel label. Jacques makes a solid ask if anyone has seen a late '40's label and I agree 100% with "The Bert" statement, however, I doubt this is a wartime label based solely on the fact that the PanzerGrenadier weren't formed until 1942 and they were changing this farbe even in '43 from white to lime green which makes this a mid-late war cap. The posted label reminds me of the early-mid '30's Erel diamond shield, not mid-late war. Most of us here have seen mid-late war Erel caps a plenty and this one just doesn't fit the bill...pun intended. Pauke has a point, perhaps the bombing of Berlin in April of '45 required the manufacturing to downsize in quality as well as re-creating a new label for their visors (doubt it). I don't have an issue with the sweatband however, and IMO, too many other RED flags for me to include label, lining and lack of "under the hood" photos.

Here is a side by side view of the posted label and a mid-late war Erel label.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                              TWS just reminded me that this same hat had been posted years ago, with the all-important under the hood shots:

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums//...d.php?t=745908

Thanks Chris for posting underhood photos - confirmed fake; even without them!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X