Bergmutze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergmutze

This one arrived last week. Private purchase cap with just enough wear. Comments appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

More...

Attached Files

Comment

Another

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like an issue cap with those markings. Can't tell what the material is, almost looks like Dutch cloth with an unusual sweatband. But a normal issue one IMO.

Comment

Nothing is normal Issue on that Hat......
          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Looks very nice to me. I guess this variation could be called a type3 and although I can not quite make out the date I would assume it is 41 or 42. I think this type first came out in later 41 and I don’t recall seeing seeing one dated later than 42 though they must have made them at least until the M43 was introduced.

I don’t agree that this private purchase or rather it is a pure contract made cap as would have been issued but could be paid for by officer or NCO as an additional cap in the case the latter

I see fewer of this type than the earlier types. Like M41 tunics compared to M36, not many items from 41/42 were apparently left at home

Comment

Thanks for your comments.

Inside stamp is Mutzenfabrik Breiter, München, 1942.

Comment

Wool

The wool is similar to the wool in this tunic, discussed here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=799270
                Attached Files

Comment

1+, only a closeup from the TBird i like to see, i cant tell if its resewn or not.

Originally posted by phild View Post
                  Looks very nice to me. I guess this variation could be called a type3 and although I can not quite make out the date I would assume it is 41 or 42. I think this type first came out in later 41 and I don’t recall seeing seeing one dated later than 42 though they must have made them at least until the M43 was introduced.

I don’t agree that this private purchase or rather it is a pure contract made cap as would have been issued but could be paid for by officer or NCO as an additional cap in the case the latter

I see fewer of this type than the earlier types. Like M41 tunics compared to M36, not many items from 41/42 were apparently left at home

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
                    1+, only a closeup from the TBird i like to see, i cant tell if its resewn or not.

Thank you for taking time to look. Let me know what you think.
                    Attached Files

Comment

It is a beautiful cap and the insignia looks very convincing in hand.

I appreciate your comments as I am far from an expert on caps.

Bob

Comment

I think you did good with that Bergmutze. TBird looks resewn but not important, Rest is nice Give it a good new Home, and when ever you decide to let it go, i have his Brother in my Collection, so he will not be alone

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
                          Give it a good new Home, and when ever you decide to let it go, i have his Brother in my Collection, so he will not be alone
                          Thanks. I will make a note of that and you will have first chance to buy it.

Comment

Very nice set, I must say when I saw them on the dealers site I was tempted, but just out of my price range! that said quality always costs

Good purchase, enjoy!

Comment

Sorry, it's the cap I recognise not the tunic!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X