Very salty Artillery crusher cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very salty Artillery crusher cap

Hi. I want to show You my first crusher cap in my collection. It is very salty one with hand repairs made by solider. Condition is as it was found.

Not the best condition but still nice.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G965F przy użyciu Tapatalka

The wreath/cockade looks like one from a Panzer beret but seems to have been there a while.

Comment

Just the way i love it.....worn and been there, LOVE IT Congrats!
      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Looks great

Comment

questions

Could you please show close-up images of the leather sweatband and piping next to it? The red stains along the front where the visor and piping meet are not normal and cause for concern IMO. Is the cap band dark green or black as well as the wreath background color as OSS noted?

Comment

This is very salty cap. There is a lot of dirt, stains moth holes etc. I dont have any objections about originality. It looks like to be field repaired. It is hard to take more photos because cap is to weak to manipulate it in hands. But here You have.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G965F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Comment

Good Cap, who had a very hard Life. But i would take it right away and give it a nice new Home
              WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Cap is salty, but it has a lot of character. Those repairs look indeed like done a long time ago, possibly during the period. Nice cap and I wouldn't try to repair or improve anything. It was probably found stacked in some old barn or basement where it remined since the war till our times. Silent witness to its times. Unmessed items hold lots of historical value and should remain untouched. Good thing, it will be preserved.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                  Is the cap band dark green or black as well as the wreath background color as OSS noted?
                  Yes, not just black (BeVo wreath) but not flat wire either.

Comment

Looks like it's been darned with very fine red sewing thread, interesting!

Comment

Someone tried to repair with the only thread he had then : front ? POW camp ?...

Comment

If this one could talk... nice fabric too

Comment

I find it surprising that none of the positive comments about this cap address the enlisted Panzer beret wreath. Is this something you have seen or would expect to see on an officer's Feldmuetze (Alter Art)?

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                            I find it surprising that none of the positive comments about this cap address the enlisted Panzer beret wreath. Is this something you have seen or would expect to see on an officer's Feldmuetze (Alter Art)?
                            Maybe it was a Stug commanders favorite cap. Some guys did strange things in the field. J
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                              I guess there are two “issues” in the question above. One enlisted quality and the other is black backed PZ nature of wreath at least as it may seem in the photo.

I’m not sure that see either characteristic as that unusual on this type of cap. I for sure have seen a number of plain woven insignia on dark green used on these caps

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X