Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-war Luftwaffe Signals Visor

Hello

I received this visor in a grouping I purchased. From my limited knowledge it seems to be ok.

The maker is Gebr.Alm and it has a production year of 1936. It additionally has a date of 20.3.1936 inside the visor. I don’t know what this date is, maybe the date the soldier received it? Although there is no unit stamp in the sweatband and the visor is a “full leather” type (I read this term in another post on WAF). The outside of the visor seems to be in pretty good shape and the eagle is a early pre-war droop tail.

Other than what I listed above that is all I know. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of info on this maker on WAF. It also seems this maker only made Luftwaffe visors (?).

I always try and learn before I post and I did all I could this far. So I like to ask the forum if they can check my visor out and let me know what they think.

Specifically info in the manufacturer? Did they only produce Luft stuff and what was their production dates? What does the second date stamp mean? Was it common not to have a unit stamp? Is this particular visor look original?

Thank you in advance!

Dave C

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

If I need to post any better or different photos please let me know. I used the flash on the underside shots.

Dave C

Comment

Classic early example, with first pattern eagle. Alm seemed to favor the leather visor ; same as on a flight piped Alm cap I owned previously, dated 1938 in my case.
              Congratulations.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
                Classic early example, with first pattern eagle. Alm seemed to favor the leather visor ; same as on a flight piped Alm cap I owned previously, dated 1938 in my case.

Congratulations.

Bob Shoaf

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the feedback. I am very happy with it!

Dave C

Comment

Problem free original
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
                    Problem free original

Thank you Gene! I was hoping some of the Luftwaffe guys would chime in too! Headgear is something I haven’t had the opportunity to learn about.

Does anyone have a good reference book for me to learn about headgear (specifically Luftwaffe)? I would assume I am going to be buying more in the future.

Also curious to know any background on this maker and details of their history related to the Luftwaffe? I have only seen Luft visors from them.

Dave C

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X