• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one more strange German hat

Attached Files

Looks like a nsdap judicial cap
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
      Looks like a nsdap judicial cap
      Found a picture thank you !
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ITALIANWARFRONT; 07-22-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Outstanding piece ItalianWarFront. Is it yours?

Steve
        ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Sherlock View Post
          Outstanding piece ItalianWarFront. Is it yours?

Steve
          Yes, part of a small collection I bought last week.

Giorgio

Comment

Originally posted by ITALIANWARFRONT View Post
            Yes, part of a small collection I bought last week.

Giorgio
            Nice. I'm jealous, (in a good way)!!

Steve
            ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

Comment

Shudder to think of the POWER this man wielded during the 3rd Reich..Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Sherlock View Post
                Nice. I'm jealous, (in a good way)!!

Steve
                thank you Steve, I tough was a movie prop
                I collect mostly helmet so this will go on ePay since I have no idea of the value

Giorgio

Comment

I don't read German so what rank would this reflect? Would this be like a 'Supreme Court' judge in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                    I don't read German so what rank would this reflect? Would this be like a 'Supreme Court' judge in the US?
                    Hi Rick. No, this hat's office is not like the US Supreme Court. The title translates to Higher Regional Court and for a State public prosecutor. So, as you know, Germany was (and is) divided into states, such as Prussia or Bavaria, etc. This hat would be worn by the president of the criminal court of a particular state. On thing I'm not sure of is whether each state, especially the larger ones, were themselves divided into regional courts. For example, Bavaria had seven administrative districts, so it may be that each district had their own courts. If that's the case, this hat would be for the head prosecutor of one of those, or so I believe.

Steve

Comment

Hi.
                      Are the strippes gold or dark tones silver ?
                      If it's gold
                      1942 there have been 36 Oberlandesgerichte
                      Today there are 24

If it's silver
                      Today 115 courts

In both cases high rank in the group of generals

Comment

What might the differences be on a 'court' hat for a party court Reichsleiter?

Comment

In my opinion this barret was used by judges and atttorneys from a Landesgericht (state court) and Amtsgericht (cantonal court), as well as at district courts. The one silver braid (post 3) stands in my opinion for the function Oberstaatsamwalt or Landesgericht-, or Amtsgerichtdirektor. Lower functions did wear the Spange (others two braids and eventually in gold). All of these did wear black. Note that with the barett NEVER an eagle was positioned.

The barett from post 1 with two golden cords is for a Präsident and Generalstaatsanwalt from an Oberlandesgericht (the highest court from a state).

Other courts did wear other colors: Reichsfinanzhof = winered; Reichswirtschaftsgericht = violet; Reichsgericht = darker red; Reichspatentamt = steel-blue; Volksgericht = lighter red; Reichserbhofgericht = royal blue. There were other courts (Reichsversicherungsamt and Reichsversorgungsgericht), but the color-scedule for them I have no information about (above information from Merkblatt from July 6, 1936).

Rick C: You know there are specific visored caps for NSDAP party-courts. But if they did wear a barett as from this post or what color is unknown too me. It is not mentioned in information about justice.
                          Judges from the courts were no political leaders, just judges. They could have however a political leaders rank and so had their "own" color (blue). The Oberstes Parteigericht was divided into I.Kammer
                          (lead by Grimm) and II. Kammer (the highest judge was Buch). Both had four assistants (Beisitzer). Before the organization from the party-court cases were done by the Untersuchungs- und
                          Schlichtungsausschuss, known as USchlA lead by Buch, which existed at local level, as well as Gau and Reich, but purely active for the SA and SS. I thought they existed since 1931.
                          Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 08-01-2019, 04:25 AM.

Comment

sold for a little over 1100 USD..i think its a great bargain..especially with the Berlin Maker...JMHO Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X