Late war Erel? Waffenfarbe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late war Erel? Waffenfarbe?

Could I please get some opinions on this visor? I believe it is a late war Erel? I know a long time ago there was some debate whether these caps were post war made. Also, I can't determine what this waffenfarbe is, Nebel perhaps?

Sorry, but these are the only pictures I have at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark
    Attached Files

Inside
    Attached Files

Comment

Piping looks like it my nave been recolored: perhaps white for infantry now blue for TSD?

Bob Shof

Comment

Cant remember that i am Colorblind, and i cant see any blue here. To me thats Vet or possible Military Justice
        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

I'm thinking the same as Bob, possibly re-coloured as the piping looks a bit patchy on my screen.

Comment

In my opinion it's for shure not recolored. I know this lateware EREL caps whitch had bad coloring of piping. I had some of this caps in my hands and they had all very poor piping color.
            For me it's a textbook latewar EREL smoketroup cap.

Comment

Originally posted by steiner99 View Post
              In my opinion it's for shure not recolored. I know this lateware EREL caps whitch had bad coloring of piping. I had some of this caps in my hands and they had all very poor piping color.
              For me it's a textbook latewar EREL smoketroup cap.

+1

Don

Comment

Thanks guys for the information from looking at limited photos. What would be an approximate value for a late war Erel Neble?

Comment

Bring it over!

Comment

It has been my experience that the waffenfarbe on some later war Erel visors seems to go patchy with time and use.

Here is my "Kämpfen schwein" admin, a classic example of this later war effect to the piping, which adds to the character of the hat;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1011481

I doubt anyone would want to argue that my one was recolored from infantry white to Admin dark green

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X