M43 cap for opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 cap for opinions

Picked up this M43 that I would like to share with you. Big cap size 60, showing wear and usage. Hope you like it.

Thanks!

Shawn
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

last
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks an awful lot like an SM Wholesale cap.

Comment

Stinker

Comment

M43

Yes the M43 is a reproduction, I do believe who ever is making them has hi-jacked the RBnr. for these fakes. The font for the original RB's is quite different. That WW2 firm made HG tropical caps as well. I think the fakes put the size markings below the RB if I am correct. I included a shot of the HG interior showing the difference in font.
            Just my opinion of course.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by STUG III View Post
              Yes the M43 is a reproduction, I do believe who ever is making them has hi-jacked the RBnr. for these fakes. The font for the original RB's is quite different. That WW2 firm made HG tropical caps as well. I think the fakes put the size markings below the RB if I am correct. I included a shot of the HG interior showing the difference in font.
              Just my opinion of course.
              https://www.smwholesaleusa.com/shop-...3-enlisted-cap

Comment

M43

I went to the site, as you probably wanted me to. As I said, the font that 'SM wholesales' uses for the M43 Luftwaffe and Army are not the same as used on original Herman Meyer visors and other caps that the firm used in war time production. SM wholesales puts the size below the RBNr. the originals are above and they are completely different lettering fonts used in the stamps. Included is my Luftwaffe 'Berg' style later with no vents, showing the makers mark.
                Thank you. Dave.
                Attached Files

Comment

M43

Inside 2
                  Attached Files

Comment

M43

Front view 1. It also has no 'ear flap' strips as well.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by STUG III View Post
                      I went to the site, as you probably wanted me to. As I said, the font that 'SM wholesales' uses for the M43 Luftwaffe and Army are not the same as used on original Herman Meyer visors and other caps that the firm used in war time production. SM wholesales puts the size below the RBNr. the originals are above and they are completely different lettering fonts used in the stamps. Included is my Luftwaffe 'Berg' style later with no vents, showing the makers mark.
                      Thank you. Dave.

I posted the SMW link in response to the pics the OP posted of his cap in order to give proper context to my previous comments concerning the cap's possible origin.

Comment

M43

Thank you Robert999, your posting was informative to me, I had no idea it was SM making the M43 hats with same RBNR. as the originals. Thank you again!

Comment

Thanks everyone! This saves me tons of trouble. Cap returned.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X