Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Artillery M34 Overseas Hat Opinions

Hello Everyone,

I was sent these photos asking for my opinion and the collector would also like to get your opinions as well.

What are your initial thoughts based on these photos? I will post interior,stamps and grommet close-ups later.

Thanks
    Glenn
    Attached Files
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Attached Files

Comment

…..
      Attached Files

Comment

I like the looks of it but wouldn't mind seeing a shot of the interior.

Comment

The one loop above the soutache holding up the front of the turn-up is unusual IMO. So far it looks very nice but interior detail pics are needed.

Comment

The single loop attaching the false front though unusual can be found on some factory LAGO caps. Need to see the grommets, and interior to be sure. So far so good.

Comment

i does look good, indeed.

But if i was offered this only with these pics i would pass on it because of stiching.

i know im paranoid though.

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far...Here are the interior photos.

Markings look to read

AUG. JANOK
                LINZ. 193?

Glenn
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

paint

Looks like green paint was used to touch up the grommets.

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=janok

One may notices too that insignias with feldgrau backing were officialy adopted june 4th, 1940, wich means they probably have been tested before this date.
                      By this maker ?
                      On the black sidecap in the link, the cockade is machine sewn too.
                      The "cyclope" loop securing the front flap is odd.
                      If possible, i would like to see clearly the stiching line of the lining inside, at around 1,5 cm of the lower edge of the sidecap.
                      And the reverse of the front flap, where the souchache go throught.
                      derka

Comment

Several aspects of this cap give me pause. The grommets have the appearance of (lumpy) paint, not enamel. There is more machine sewing than I would expect to see in 193(9) and I would also expect to see the earlier dark green BeVo insignia. Also I have never seen this (Austrian) maker (though the stamp looks believable). I certainly wouldn't expect to see an Austrian maker before 1939. The single loop is odd as already mentioned. Maybe I'm becoming paranoid as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                          Hello Everyone,

... the collector would also like to get your opinions as well.

What are your initial thoughts based on these photos?

Thanks
                          Glenn
                          Sir from what is shown, I would not sleep well owning it.

B. N. Singer

Comment

That does not look like 1939 era wool to me. Looks more like the color you see in an M-40 or M-41 tunic (could just be my computer though).

Application of the eagle is beautiful, but the cockade scares me a little as does the paint on the grommets.

Comment

Glenn, many thanks for posting this cap for opinions - and thanks to the consignor who agreed to its being posted for comments. The reservations I had about it have been confirmed by those who commented. IF this cap is a copy, it is a very dangerous one. Determining originality is not as simple as may be generally presumed and that is why having vetting partners is so important.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X