GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wehrmacht Heer Braunschweiger Traditions-Totenkopf für die Schirmmütze Infanterie-Reg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht Heer Braunschweiger Traditions-Totenkopf für die Schirmmütze Infanterie-Reg

I have a question about a Braunschweiger Traditions-Totenkopf. In an other German forum it is declared a fake. Sadly without an explanation why. I have seen the same one on Weitze his site. Can maybe somebody show me an example of an original one, so I can compare and see for my self why it is a fake? Or is an late war aluminum version a fantasie product
    What struck me was that the copies on E-bay did not have as deep relief as these ones. But that can of course also be optical illusion!

Weight is 2,6 gramm.

https://www.weitze.com/militaria/62/...3__295562.html

Braunschweiger Traditions-Totenkopf (3).jpg

Braunschweiger Traditions-Totenkopf (5).jpg

Unfortunately that is a poor copy.

Compare any metal original Totenkopf of any type (Leib-Husaren, Braunschweig, Panzer etc.) they are always die-struck, perfect shear-cut edges, and excellent detail.

The Braunschweig example you posted has none of these characteristics. It is the most common form of replica, that being the one without an enthmoid (nose bone). Originals always have an enthmoid bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony & Kaiser View Post
      Unfortunately that is a poor copy.

Compare any metal original Totenkopf of any type (Leib-Husaren, Braunschweig, Panzer etc.) they are always die-struck, perfect shear-cut edges, and excellent detail.

The Braunschweig example you posted has none of these characteristics. It is the most common form of replica, that being the one without an enthmoid (nose bone). Originals always have an enthmoid bone.

Thanks for the clear explanation. I am convinced now it is a copy

Comment

Or, as we say "bad to the bone"...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X