Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen ss nco visor need help

Hello forum.
    Can anybody tell me if anything is amiss with the internals of this visor with the limited photos I have of the interior. Thanks very much in advance.

Photos help
    Steve

Comment

Here they are.
      Attached Files

Comment

Best to wait for the knowledgeable guys like Stonemint, Big BenVK and maybe Turbopanzer, JacquesF and NTZ. These guys opinion and knowledge are

Comment

Hallo SLK

The lining is old and I don't see double holes. However, it is very roughly sewn and the folds are very confused. In addition, something has happened to the sweatband of which a part is missing and which has also been sewn up very roughly. All this is clearly visible in the images n. 3/1, 3/2 and 3/3. Perhaps it would be the case to post the full visor ...

Best regards

Comment

Stuck out in the first two seconds for me . . .

Not that it's a Kiss-of-Death . . . but the underside of that visor is smooth - and awful "untouched" looking, when compared to the [stained] liner and [torn] sb.

Comment

IMO the visor is h g l qu e ti a e a d I w ld ne m h . J

Comment

Re-sewn sweatband, re-sewn lining, badly folded pleats and staining to the lining which doesn't match up with those pleats.

Jacques, w t f r u o n ?

Comment

& do I see some pinking?:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                    Re-sewn sweatband, re-sewn lining, badly folded pleats and staining to the lining which doesn't match up with those pleats.

Jacques, w t f r u o n ?
                    With pics of only 30% of the hat, I can only give 30% of an opinion. J

Comment

Hi Stonemint.
                      Please excuse my ignorance but what does "pinking" refer to?
                      Regards,
                      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair View Post
                        Hi Stonemint.
                        Please excuse my ignorance but what does "pinking" refer to?
                        Regards,
                        Steve
                        Hallo Steve

If I am correctly interpreting Chris's observation (which I share), he is referring to the use of pinking shears with a serrated blade, used to cut zigzag edge in fabric to prevent it from fraying. Obviously, if I misunderstood, Chris will deny me. There are three pages of WAF threads about this topic and in many of them (if not all ...) this practice is the ultimate evidence of a clever reassembly, almost reserved for high-end fakes.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                          You made my day

Comment

Brilliant

Comment

Jacques--the only man I know who can make this hobby hilarious....
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X