Heer splinter camo field cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer splinter camo field cap

Trying to get opinions on the originality/value of this cap, thanks!

http://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/f...amo-field-cap/

Silly.

Comment

Does that translate as "no good"?

Comment

The cap would be useful only for a 1960's tv show like "Combat".

Comment

So a good TV prop, but not original. Got it.

Comment

Originals do exist, they are few and far between. I was fortunate to handle 2 and have seen a few field made ones that I felt were real. This one doesn’t strike me as original, good attempt. Matt

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I was offered it, I don't own it and have nothing in it. Just trying to educate myself.

Comment

I don't know about originality of this hat but am pretty certain it would NOT have been for Combat! Too authentic looking in cut, camo, eagle, etc.. (:

=======

The cap would be useful only for a 1960's tv show like "Combat".

Comment

Very hard to tell if really original or not ...with these pics !
                  Originals do exist of course , of various manufacture quality .
                  I own 2 original versions from known sources and which are totally different in the making .
                  The LW tropical is a known repro of course .
                  Nick

Comment

It was the best I could do with my phone standing at his table!
                    I think the consensus is they are both repros, the splinter possibly has the artificial aging of a movie prop.

Thanks for the comments! I walked away from both caps. These photos may serve as reference, they could show up again if someone buys them in Indiana.

Comment

insignia look original Billbert

Comment

I imagine if this was made 30-40 years ago, original Bevo insignia was easy enough to find.

Comment

it's still easy to find ...
                          Nick

Comment

The funny thing is that I have seen dozens of authentic Luftwaffe tropical field-made caps in the past 30+ plus years, but unless my aging brain has forgotten (which is certainly possible...), I have yet to encounter a field-made splinter cap which convinced me it was authentic. And when you think about the number of Luftwaffe troops who served in regions where their (tropical) caps would have been worn to the number of Wehrmacht troops (Heer and Luft) who could have worn splinter caps, it seems strange that I haven't seen 100s.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                              The funny thing is that I have seen dozens of authentic Luftwaffe tropical field-made caps in the past 30+ plus years, but unless my aging brain has forgotten (which is certainly possible...), I have yet to encounter a field-made splinter cap which convinced me it was authentic. And when you think about the number of Luftwaffe troops who served in regions where their (tropical) caps would have been worn to the number of Wehrmacht troops (Heer and Luft) who could have worn splinter caps, it seems strange that I haven't seen 100s.
                              Mine: https://imgur.com/a/k2lehv7

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X