Originally posted by RonR View Post
    Sorry Bob, only EM, no Officer's grade.

Best regards,
    Ron
    Ok Ron,that's gotta be a first

Best Wishes
    Bob

Comment

Looks like an nice original (Maker CTD right?) but the "D" rings on the back lead me to beleive it is a cartouche eagle not a shako eagle. Shako eagles are usually found with screwposts or folding clips on the back and are larger than cartouche eagles. My stuff is stored away but mine is about 18cm wide if i remember correctly and there are slight size differences between variations depending on makers etc. if yours is a cartouche eagle as I beleive, it would be considerably smaller

Regards

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
        Looks like an nice original (Maker CTD right?) but the "D" rings on the back lead me to beleive it is a cartouche eagle not a shako eagle. Shako eagles are usually found with screwposts or folding clips on the back and are larger than cartouche eagles. My stuff is stored away but mine is about 18cm wide if i remember correctly and there are slight size differences between variations depending on makers etc. if yours is a cartouche eagle as I beleive, it would be considerably smaller

Regards

JC
        Disregard my post. When I started to respond a few minutes ago (???) there were no responses at all and now there are 2 pages worth but we are all headed in the same direction (cartouche eagle) which is a good sign....

Comment

Suppose it could also be a Crash Helmet eagle...

Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

ooo
            Attached Files
            RonR

Comment

Thank you Ron

You sure do know your stuff, chapeau bas.

I took a picture of it when I got it and you were right: it's a CTD however mine has the makers mark on the left side, your's is on the right.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X