opinions on a bunch of caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. 11 speaks for itself

No. 12 is a known forgery of Hermann Potthoff of Coesfeld. Just do a search and you can see it for yourself. However, as you can see, the lining contains the words frischluft which means that the cap must have frontal ventilation holes and stirndruckfrei which means that the cap must have a padding against frontal pressure. No trace of this and therefore

(to be continued)

Comment

Monty Python has the best scene for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUG9VzHoEoc

Comment

Ofcourse i know that it would be a very expensive collection if it was all real.
        I own 2 SS visors and SS side caps and one ss m43. I have payd a big price for this pices.
        But my friend wanted me to help him post the visors here so he could have yours opinions.
        And its fantastic that you give me answers.
        Many thanks.

Comment

Nos. 8, 9 and 10 comment on themselves

General no. 7 shows an original lining. In fact, August Zimpel was actually a CW visors' retailer in the little town of Eimen. Without other images I must consider that a poor Clemens Wagner was unfortunately sacrificed on the altar of profit

(to be continued)

Comment

General no. 6 has no hope

In this case not even a replacement, but simply a forgery. It is sufficient to do a search for Extra Klasse Marke Standard and the difference is clear. An example for all: the original used the stirndruckfrei which is not here and therefore

(to be continued)

Comment

At this point I stop myself because I think it is useless to continue. I have only to comment on the pink no. 3 because I've already seen a lot of time ago that Z mutzen 1897 logo but I need time to find it again. Obviously, this does not change the judgment

Best regards

Comment

I understand that. Thanks for the quic answers.
                Regards

Comment

Hi Anders, the first cap, the M43 made from Italian fabric might be original but the insignia are probably fake.

Comment

None of the visors are original from what I can see. I know nothing about M43's and sidecaps, so I cannot help with those.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
                      At this point I stop myself because I think it is useless to continue. I have only to comment on the pink no. 3 because I've already seen a lot of time ago that Z mutzen 1897 logo but I need time to find it again. Obviously, this does not change the judgment

Best regards
                      I am a stubborn man.

I found the thread dating back about three years ago. A fake cavalry visor:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=loser

Consequently

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X