Cap logo does anyone know the maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap logo does anyone know the maker?

Can anyone ID. this logo, and is it a legit period maker?
    Thanks! Dave.
    Attached Files

What is this, a "Meyer" cap? I think this is wanting to be an "ALMI" which was a real maker. I don't think they made Meyers and I am unfamiliar with this logo. I am cautiously pessimistic.

Comment

August Müller !

Ich versichere, daß die von mir gezeigten zeitgeschichtlichen und militärhistorischen Gegenstände aus der Zeit 33-45 nur zu Zwecken der staatsbürgerlichen Aufklärung, der Abwehr verfassungswidriger, verfassungsfeindlicher Bestrebungen,Identitätsbestimmung, Originalitätsbestimmung gezeigt werden.

Comment

Yes, this lining allegedly shows the August Muller's logo but here we need to see the full headgear and not only the lining ... first time I see this combo.

Furthermore, a clearer image is needed to compare this logo to those recognized as original because Muller is highly falsified.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by christian56789 View Post
          August Müller !

That may be it (ALMI is Alfred Mies of Luxembourg). I don't believe Mueller made Mayer caps either. I have never seen a Mayer with a logo and strongly suspect this is a fake, pictures of the rest of the cap would be helpful.

Comment

Gonna go out on a limb..whatever cap it is..99 percent it’s fake..Billbert

Comment

Mayer visor

It's a Mayer tropical on German e bay, Officers insignia as well!, Just curious about the logo, never seen an ALMI in this configuration before. I can show pictures of the hat, but I don't want to blind everyone with it's 'crapiness'!

Comment

Here is the link:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Afrikakorps-...QAAOSwHGFcs0Zj

I'm not a DAK collector but I see that my legit doubts about the logo are confirmed. The seller says it is a sammleranfertigung = collector customized edition = modern reproduction. It seems to me that at this point the discussion is closed. It's a complete copy !!!

Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X