Help with SS M43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with SS M43

Hello all, I was hoping to get some expert opinions on this cap since I am unfamiliar with cloth headgear. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

additional pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Trap

The trap is good. I cannot comment on the cap.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Mwicker View Post
        Hello all, I was hoping to get some...opinions on this cap...Thanks in advance.
        Difficult to say with any certainty from those pictures; but I am ‘not feeling it’.

B. N. singer

Comment

I appreciate the feedback so far, but I’m hoping to have some definitive answers on it either way. Please let me know if there’s anything else I need to provide.

Comment

Ok. Since there are quite a few views but only a couple responses I’ll voice my concern after purchasing the cap. I had a fellow collector look at it and say it was fine, but then got a response from another friend/collector say he had some concerns on the buttons maybe being replaced with potentially post was plastic ones. I have not received the item yet so I cannot do a in hand inspection for a definitive answer. I’m trying to avoid getting bit with something I could have problems with in the future, should I decide I ever want to sell it. Please guys, any comments or opinions would help...

Mike

Comment

Italian gabardine, I think it stands a fair chance. The buttons could be bakelite and are common on German wartime garments.

Robt.

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                Difficult to say with any certainty from those pictures; but I am ‘not feeling it’.

B. N. singer
                My thoughts too.

Comment

Please guys, any comments or opinions would help...

Mike
                  The Market is flooded with these caps in that material and that trap, have that in mind.

Play safe, you have dealers in US that have orginal examples for sale right now, might cost you more, but in the long run will be worth it.

Comment

I’m trying to avoid getting bit with something I could have problems with in the future
                    In that case, avoid all SS caps with traps apart from the "safe bet" Dachau found examples.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X