Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HG Division Officer Visor?

Claim is that b/c it is field gray, it is HG:

This visor hat is the only Luftwaffe cap for HG ground forces known to the seller and is possibly unique. It is pictured on page 256 of "Headgear of Hitler's Germany Vol. 1" where the distinctive coloration is discussed. It is constructed with a feldgrau wool crown (rather than the normal grey-blue) and a woven black band, is trimmed with silver wire piping, and has an embroidered Luftwaffe eagle and wreath and a metal cockade on the front, a silver wire chinstrap, and a black/green patent leather visor. The interior is unmarked, with a leather sweatband, brown cloth lining and an unmarked sweat diamond. Consignor notes attribute the cap to the George Petersen Collection, who in turn acquired the cap in Germany in the 1980s.

Class: Other

Very good, with mild handling marks, cracking of the sweatband, and staining of the interior. The eagle and wreath are stitched to the cap through the inner lining.
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Are we asuming it’s genuine all around? And is it actually field grey, or is it a really light grey? The Luftwaffe blue-grey spectrum can have quite a range - from almost a dark blue all the way to a grey-blue that doesn’t look like it has much blue in it at all. I’ve also seen blue that has almost a purplish tint.

That said, I don’t know why a field grey top means HG or GG. Without any provenance it’s just an assumption or wishful thinking. Could simply be an officer who wanted something that was more conducive to the field.

J-

Comment

Another, albeit somewhat clever, marketing attempt at greater $$$$. As Jason states, show me the provenance!

Comment

I agree w/ Dan & J--it is just a late-war LW officer, nothing more, nothing less.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Internal is from NCO,for me is o put togerter IMO
          Carlo

Comment

I agree, the interior is very suspicious.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X