Branch of Service by the color of the cloth? [NOT the Farbe!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Branch of Service by the color of the cloth? [NOT the Farbe!]

So . . . Is it possible that a specific color of cloth could divulge the branch of Service one served in, within the Wehrmacht pecking-order?

Is it possible that Members within certain branches of Service preferred a specific color of cloth for having their haberdashery crafted from?

I have heard this thought expressed before - and am curious to see where such a conversation might go . . .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by N.C. Wyeth; 03-18-2019, 02:28 PM.

No, branch colors are fixed. There are going to be acceptable ranges based on variations of dyes, fabrics, construction, etc. Add aging to that based upon how collectors are judging things 70 years later. But general branch colors didn’t change based upon sub-branch. That’s what the waffenfarbe was for.

J-

Comment

Jason, Brad isnt refering to the waffenfarbe. I believe he is refering to the overall fabric of the cap.
      Brad, i used to have a similar theory, but the more caps i looked at ...after i concocted the theory...the more i dismissed the idea. Which was that certain colors of fabric were used with different waffenfarbe.

Comment

Dave - if you reread my post you’ll see that I’m addressing his question. My point about the waffenfarbe is that, collector theories like this aside, it would make no sense to have sub-branch of service denoted by both waffenfarbe and shades of field grey or Luftwaffe blue.

J-

Comment

Hey Dave and Jason - Thanks for taking the time to express your views on the topic. I can only say I am in agreement with you - yet in the past, have encountered a few individuals who may not necessarily be. Thought it might be nice to offer up an opportunity for them to convince us otherwise . . .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X