Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Review - SA Marine EM Visor Cap by Berolina

Hi Guys,
    Can I get your opinion on this one for me?
    Many Thanks!
    Paul
    www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Paul,
    The RZM tag is a fake, and the lining material brings the whole hat into question.
    Not one to touch.
    Derek

Comment

I agree with Derek. There are a couple of issues with the visor in question. I would not want it in my collection

Comment

Hallo Paul

Berolina or George A. Hoffman (GAH) of Berlin sometimes used the stirndruckfrei system but he also had his own line of visors for the Marine SA with the logo Die Deutsche Qualitaetsmuetze Fabrik GAH Marke Marinesturm without stirndruckfrei. On the other hand I saw the dark fabric stirndruckfrei used on some high-end fakes. I don't even see here the overhang and the front badges are practically brand new. On what basis do you say it is a Berolina? In my opinion, it is better that you follow the advice of derek and ivbaust.

Best regards

Comment

Per regulations, the visor itself should be the leather- or leatherette-edged fiber type with waterproofed black cloth underside. The lining fabric was supposed to be dark blue or black. I agree with the above comments as well.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
            Hallo Paul

Berolina or George A. Hoffman (GAH) of Berlin sometimes used the stirndruckfrei system but he also had his own line of visors for the Marine SA with the logo Die Deutsche Qualitaetsmuetze Fabrik GAH Marke Marinesturm without stirndruckfrei. On the other hand I saw the dark fabric stirndruckfrei used on some high-end fakes. I don't even see here the overhang and the front badges are practically brand new. On what basis do you say it is a Berolina? In my opinion, it is better that you follow the advice of derek and ivbaust.

Best regards
            Do you have a photo of the GAH Marke Marinesturm visor? I remember seeing a photo of one but it was a long time ago--I'd like to see the shape of these caps and the inside, if possible.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
              Do you have a photo of the GAH Marke Marinesturm visor? I remember seeing a photo of one but it was a long time ago--I'd like to see the shape of these caps and the inside, if possible.
              Erich
              Hallo Erich

PM sent

Best regards

Comment

Hallo Erich

I exercised my memory.

Here is the link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=marine+SA

Best regards

Comment

Caps like this appear on ebay.de every week then re-appear with various different insignia claiming to be period this or that.

Comment

Thank you all for your time and expertise.
                    www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X