Africa cap / Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Africa cap / Please help

Hi guys , I need opinions about this africa cap. Is it a real or a fake? I trust in you. Please help! Thanks and best regards
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me. Possibly Weissbach Glauchau(?).... a guess.

Robt.

Comment

Thanks for your opinion! I think the same! It is a good one! I got from the family the jacket , too!

Comment

Great cap and agree looks original. Looking at the insignia it seems like it might have had a Luft shirt eagle applied over the Heer insignia, worn like that for a while and then the Luft eagle removed again which caused the fading now seen where the Heer eagle once was? Please some pictures of the tunic when you get a chance would be nice to see it.

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by barry1954 View Post
            Great cap and agree looks original. Looking at the insignia it seems like it might have had a Luft shirt eagle applied over the Heer insignia, worn like that for a while and then the Luft eagle removed again which caused the fading now seen where the Heer eagle once was?

Barry
            Interesting hypothesis. It certainly appears that it may have been worn by a Luftwaffe soldier after the Heer eagle was removed. I wonder, however, why the removal of the previous eagle was necessary since the later insignia seems to cover the entire shadow of the earlier one.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
              I wonder, however, why the removal of the previous eagle was necessary since the later insignia seems to cover the entire shadow of the earlier one.
              Good question, he might have been a POW and had to remove both eagles ???

Chris

Comment

You might try lifting up that fabric where the body meets the visor to see if there’s a small tuft of soutache still in there. Would be neat to know the branch.

Robt.
                Ps.... what is the black writing on the inside?
                Last edited by RGD51; 03-05-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Nice cap that might be a Weissbach as Robert mentions. The original fading is pretty apparent. Looks like the triangle (either Herr or LW, a quick fix for the missing original eagle) has been added postwar and hence removed...& what is the writing on the inside ?

Comment

The unfaded fabric seem unnaturally dark to me..
                    A close up photo of that area would useful.

Comment

This looks to have been a chocolate twill that got the Losantin treatment which fascilitated the whitening as opposed to sun fading and real hard repeated washings.

Robt.

Comment

cap stamped / jacket stamped

photos
                        Attached Files

Comment

jacket

jacket photos
                          Attached Files

Comment

shirt

shirt photos
                            Attached Files

Comment

Helluva grouping, quite possibly a French or Luftwaffe shirt. Super nice, congrats!

Robt.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X