No announcement yet.

DAK Panzer M40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it the same eagle as it had before? looks like it could be but now re-sewn and badly done at that.

Comment

I am traveling at the moment and have not had time to post further until now. It is clear from msteve21's photos and account that the cap is not in its original state. I did indeed take the cap to the Show of Shows for review by subject matter experts and felt confident enough to list it. But the mistake in doing so is entirely mine. I am confident that the consignor was unaware anything was amiss. In hindsight I should have sought the consignor’s permission to post the cap here first for opinions as that would have saved us both a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
        Is it the same eagle as it had before? looks like it could be but now re-sewn and badly done at that.
        Actually, the sewing was pretty well done - note this quick comparison to an originally applied example. But it is a later eagle on an early cap, I should not have missed that.
        Attached Files

Comment

Is it just me or has it been cleaned as well...?

I can understand how photos taken in different light can make materials look lighter / darker but those two dirt blemishes to the lower left of the eagle seem to have disappeared...?!?!?

Could it be that the previous owner removed all insignia to clean the base cap and then reapply insignia...? I seriously hope the person responsible can be tracked down and given a serious pasting...!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X