SOS 2019 - Visor Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOS 2019 - Visor Buy

I have been going to SOS now for about 25 years and always good to see people I know, eat in local establishments we have come to enjoy, and to try to sift through all of the tables and at the same time, spend some time at my own.

I looked at many, many visors and though I likely missed something, this Kavallerie officer's visor by Pekuro is the only one I could find in the condition I like.

I have bought and sold two collections over these past 25 years -- first Luftwaffe and then a Waffenrock/headgear/badge collection but it is a tough hobby to walk away from. Thus, I have resumed collecting -- and will concentrate on TR period visors -- mostly Heer. And in mint or near mint condition. Keep me in mind if you have something.

Enjoy the photos. Already looking forward to next year's Show of Show. With hopes it remains in Louisville.

Mike
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Mike, that is a killer cap in my favorite farbe. You always had the "eye"

J

Comment

Mike, good thing Southwest cancelled my flights--I would have tried to snag it for myself!

Seriously, great score, and I hope to see you there next year (and I will NOT be connecting thru Chicago....)
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Beauty...

Mike,

Absolutely stunning, looks brand new apart from some very slight foxing on the sweatband.

Congrats...

Comment

Looked at that one also!

Steve

Comment

Title for this thread:

Mike H Collection, The reboot or
            Mike H Collection v3

and look forward to seeing more!

Gary B
            ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Nice "Catch" . . .

VERY nice, indeed!

I also managed to pick up a nice Kavallerie, right before the Show - amongst a few other tidbits. That pretty much left me "OUT" for the SOS - where I was surprised to see quite a few very nice things, such as this.

Hopefully next year will turn out to be just as nice.

Comment

Blessed are you who have the SOS, complimeti for the visor
                Carlo

Comment

What a beauty, and in outstanding condition, yep eye candy

Lou

Comment

Gorgeous cap Mike. Congratulations on the find. What's not to like about a Peter Kupper in minty shape? And it's Cavalry!

Comment

G'day Mike.

Couldn't do much better than that. Well done.

Regards,

Mike

Comment

I had the privilege of seeing this cap at Mike's table in Louisville, and it looks just as nice in person!

Don

Comment

Top shelf acquisition Mike - our tastes are very similar!

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                            I had the privilege of seeing this cap at Mike's table in Louisville, and it looks just as nice in person!

Don
                            Although I can't say I am [personally] familiar with Herr "Mike H" [Sorry Mike!] - I think I remember seeing it too, Don . . . but after the first few rows of tables, my head was spinning way too fast to recall.
                            Of course, after seeing your little PZ cap find - that was enough to blur all the lines . . .

Comment

The little Pz cap sounds interesting, care to share Don?

Nice visor Mike!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X