Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAK M41 Cavalry Cap opinions please

Hello,

This appears to be a legit used M41 DAK Cap for the cavalry. I'd appreciate all opinions on this cap.

Regards,
    Tim
    Attached Files

One more photo.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Attached Files

Comment

I like it. I wish i had that one.

Comment

Ok

Cap itself looks good from your photos

Cap eagle, soutchade and cockade insignia appears to have been restored, better photos needed to get a conclusive answer

Cheers
        MSteve

Comment

The cap is good one for sure.

Based on the images provided so far, the eagle and cockade have every chance of being factory applied and original to the cap.

The soutache looks to be reapplied by hand ???

At this stage in my opinion, an original cap with soutache removed in 1942 that someone has added a rare soutache to. Most likely a post war reapplied soutache.

Improved and clearer images will confirm this or not,

Chris

Comment

Just my gut feeling based on the photos, which are rubbish, but it looks to have been messed with. The dirt stains look a bit odd to me.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry about the photos. A tote of DAK for sale at the SOS. Had to grab photos quickly. I appreciate the comments and opinions. This really helps.

Regards,
              Tim

Comment

The cap is good and cockade looks as though it may be factory applied, despite the poor photos. Can't see enough details to judge the eagle but the soutache doesn't look to be factory applied.

Mark

Comment

From these poor photos about the only thing you can say for sure is the cap is a nice original. As everyone mentions need better photos to access the insignia.

Comment

Good cap.

Looks like the soutache was added post war to me. Do you have a shot of the inside near the insignia? That should tell the tale.

Comment

The cap looks good to me, possibly even the application of the eagle and cockade. The soutache was added later. Years ago some ill advised collectors added a soutache to caps which had had their theirs removed during the War (by regulation). Golden yellow, which is scarcely encountered on DAK headgear, was relatively plentiful on KM coastal artillery overseas caps, so two caps spoiled in one procedure.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X