Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duelling headdress

Gentlemen
    I wondered where to post this but I’m interested if there is any interest in this sort of thing ?
    I have another peaked cap from another club
    I think it’s a fascinating ongoing German activity !
    Kind regards Chay
    Attached Files

Hi,

this is a "Biertonne". Some Verbindungen allow their "inactivated" members to wear one upon "inactivation". As for the Z!, I cannot yet identify it. But I certainly like it.

I don´t know why you´ve given it the name of "dueling cap" because, while on Mensur, you certainly wear no headgear ;-)

...exception being Schülerbuxen, but then again: No caps, only Stierschädel.

And by god! Call it "duelling" again, call it "club" again and you will have to find a Bund to give you Waffenschutz, because Imma hand you over my businesscard!

And: Kiste auf Spiel, Du Kanalbuxe!

All in good fun, chaps

Kimb.

Comment

Kimb!
      That’s spiffing information but please don’t chop me up I’m an English gentlemen and I’m not familiar with the codex in much detail!
      I do like the film not that I waste much time on them but a film called Colonel Blimp !
      https://youtu.be/5Y2-YdWbvAw
      Anyway seeing there is some interest I will show another I have !
      Regards Chay
      Last edited by upbeek; 02-12-2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

The language of Kimbrian is understandable for me, but I would like to see the sides from the cap.

This sort of cap was called by the public "Biertonne", but actually it is a Parade-Cerevis, when having a decorative side. Otherwise it is phrased as Kneip-Cerevis. The last is to be worn with the Kneip-tunic; the other one with the Paradepekesche
        (parade tunic). With such dress the Paradeschläger (the "sword") was worn.

It is a pity I cannot show photos here, as I do have a beauty with three lads, fully dressed.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
          The language of Kimbrian is understandable for me, but I would like to see the sides from the cap.

This sort of cap was called by the public "Biertonne", but actually it is a Parade-Cerevis, when having a decorative side. Otherwise it is phrased as Kneip-Cerevis. The last is to be worn with the Kneip-tunic; the other one with the Paradepekesche

It is a pity I cannot show photos here, as I do have a beauty with three lads, fully dressed.

There is no decorations on the side of the cap ! But this Heidelberg cap is magnificent! I love that label!
          I do have a sword and peaked cap but they are modern stil in use and I think I should keep them private I may be an Englishman the best! Haha but I respect the honour privacy scenario !
          Regards

Comment

Here you go!
            Photos for Wilhelm!
            Chay
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chay,
              Very nice cap,

Here is another type I posted mid 2018 in which wilhelm Saris helped me out on.
              These are a different thing to collect but a great looking cap in my opinion.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=959966

Cheers
              NCO

Comment

Thanks Nco
                I don’t really collect them to be fair but this one sort of came to me !
                I would be interested in the marking on the top!
                Chay
                Last edited by upbeek; 02-12-2019, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NCO View Post
                  Hi Chay, Very nice cap,
                  Here is another type I posted mid 2018 in which wilhelm Saris helped me out on.
                  These are a different thing to collect but a great looking cap in my opinion.
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=959966
                  Cheers NCO
                  Thanks NCO, I knew I did send the photos once to another person, but I did forget the whole thread about the other cap. Maybe I am getting too old for visiting forums and such!
                  These students are a great subject. There do exist catalogues about the offering of all the items. A typical traditions "thing".....but traditions is what Germans are fond of.

Comment

Dear Wilhelm,

all the Cerevises I have seen or worn personally while "im Chargenamt" were stiff, while all the Biertonnen I have seen (and by god never worn!) were soft. So, I would categorize every "soft-round" headdress as a Biertonne, regardless of embroidering, and every "stiff-round" headdress as a Cerevis. But there might be different terminologies and styles within other Verbindungen... So I guess we could call it Cerevis, as well. :-)

Colloquium ex,

Kimb. (x) (Fx) (Z!)

Comment

Originally posted by Kimbrian View Post
                      Dear Wilhelm,

all the Cerevises I have seen or worn personally while "im Chargenamt" were stiff, while all the Biertonnen I have seen (and by god never worn!) were soft. So, I would categorize every "soft-round" headdress as a Biertonne, regardless of embroidering, and every "stiff-round" headdress as a Cerevis. But there might be different terminologies and styles within other Verbindungen... So I guess we could call it Cerevis, as well. :-)

Colloquium ex,

Kimb. (x) (Fx) (Z!)
                      For you interest the word Biertonne is not even used in manufacturers cataloques.
                      You can see the differences with the two of my photos that were shown, embroidery or not.
                      I am speaking about the terminology from the 1920's/1930's.

Comment

I am speaking about the terminology from the 1920's/1930's.
                        My bad, I missed that

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X