Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on a tropical cap

Is this real or just the insignia?
    The white stains are probably mold, this was inside a very humid garage but I believe when is dry could be brushed off

Giorgio
    Attached Files

I believe you have an original cap..Billbert

Comment

I don't think so..

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
        I don't think so..
        to me the air vents looked smaller than usual

Comment

Not sure about the vents but there's something odd about this cap that I can't put my finger on yet. Maybe it's the stains..

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
            Not sure about the vents but there's something odd about this cap that I can't put my finger on yet. Maybe it's the stains..
            Stains not an issue most of the stuff I got out of that garage was humid and dirty, I believe if I leave the hat on the sun and that use a brush those would go away.
            The smaller vents were odd to me compare other example i have in my collection

Giorgio

Comment

IMO a fake

Grommets should be 9mm and have a brown enamel finish from your photo looks a like paint??

The liner incorrect, also the cap eagle possibly replacement, the mold a good story but looks like someone has had a go at aging the cap

MSteve

Comment

are there any remains of makers marks apparent ?? Billbert

Comment

I don't like it either for the reasons already mentioned. The (painted) grommets are wrong and the insignia looks deliberately abraded to me and the cap artificially aged.

Comment

I can't speak to the originality of the hat but the white stains look just like my baseball caps sweat (salt) stains after a few weeks of serious exercise. The only difference being on my black caps the sweat starts to fade the black color to a brown where the stains are.
                    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Eagle and kockade are showing damage all around, while the cap looks pretty clean..

Jos.

Comment

thank you all for the help

Comment

Hi Giorgio

The cap is not a good one. The eagle and cockade have been re-applied at some point post war.
                          Cockade may have come from a beehive sidecap. Don't like the grommets inside & out or the interior fabric.
                          Mildew stains may be just that.

caio
                          Tim
                          Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 01-20-2019, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X