Heer Officers M43 with a Luftwaffe twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Officers M43 with a Luftwaffe twist

I placed bids on several caps in an auction last December but only managed to snag this one. This particular auction house only shows one photo per lot and if you want more, you have to pay 5 euro per extra photo. Pretty outrageous IMO but it is what it is so you either pay or roll the dice.
    I decided to gamble with this one and it paid off.

So here we have a rather nice quality, tailor made in Vienna, Officers Feldmuetze in Trikot with a high quality rayon lining and underside panel to the visor and a full length laminated/ersatz leather sweatband. Those who know these caps and have found them folded up for decades will recognise all the signs here. For those who aren't familiar, it's a bit like trying to open an accordion, it will want to snap shut again. It doesn't have any pull down loops or bias material.

However, the most interesting thing about it by far is the evidence of a Luftwaffe eagle having been sewn to it and I can see no trace of any other insignia. The auction description did not allude to it being anything other than a Heer cap so I was surprised when it arrived but the evidence is clear and ironically more clear in the one and only auction photo than in all the photos I've taken since!

Have a look but please remember that I'm not asking for opinions concerning the originality of this cap. I'm happy with it thanks plus it's a size 59 and not 57!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Oh and if you recognise the auction house, please don't shout out who they are!

It's a competitive enough market as is is!

Comment

Lovely Addition..I’m a believer...Is it breast eagle or cap eagle sized ghost ??
          Billbert

Comment

Would have been a very small eagle, smaller than a regular EM M43 eagle.
            I'm thinking a bullion overseas cap eagle.

Comment

Again...Congrats Billbert

Comment

Super nice one Ben, congrats!

Comment

Nice addition! I’d restore it with beautiful Heer officers bullion insig.

Robt.

Comment

Eh? it never had Heer insignia as far as I can tell.

Comment

What Luft guy wore a green hat with blue uniform? Weird. It would make the move to Heer at my house.... but to each his own.

Robt.

Comment

Seriously?

You've never heard of the Fallschirm Panzer Division?

Comment

Interesting thought.... will admit Im not up on my Luft field divisions.

Robt.

Comment

I am up to date.

Comment

PHEW...Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X