Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please need help about SS cap

Hello,
    I would like to ask you about the originality of the visor ss cap. Is it possible that this is an original? Could it be private production? Thank you for your feedback.
    Yours sincerely, Victor
    Attached Files

I's not my field ,but is fake

Carlo

Comment

I agree, bad to the bone

Comment

Hallo Victor

I agree with Carlo and lemalouin. Just my humble opinion of course.

This visor doesn’t show the common traits of Hersteller 195 = Heinrich Wille of Hannover.

A very good selection of threads below for a comparison with at least seven period visors and then to make your own decision:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hersteller+195

It will be very interesting for me to have your feedback when you have finished examining them.

Best regards

Comment

Is that a Statni Film ink stamp I see on the lining?

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
            Thank you for your notice. I think the stamp is the Státní film. Could it be that it was an original cap used in film, like the Czech Film Studios Barandov?

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
              Hallo Victor

I agree with Carlo and lemalouin. Just my humble opinion of course.

This visor doesn’t show the common traits of Hersteller 195 = Heinrich Wille of Hannover.

A very good selection of threads below for a comparison with at least seven period visors and then to make your own decision:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hersteller+195

It will be very interesting for me to have your feedback when you have finished examining them.

Best regards
              Thank you for the link, tomorrow I look at it and I will study.

Comment

Hello, thank you so far for all that help me determine the originality of visor cap. Victor

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                  Yes Ben, it looks like a very weak rectangular Statni stamp. The question that has always intrigued me is the enormous disproportion in favor of the SS compared to the Army of these headgears. Did the Czechoslovakian film industry prefer to show all the Germans as SS members ? I understand that the study of war films is beyond this thread, but the question is interesting in my opinion.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by eantique View Post
                    Hello, thank you so far for all that help me determine the originality of visor cap. Victor
                    Hallo Victor

Then, tomorrow evening we will continue the discussion

Best regards

Comment

Only to complete what I have just said about the Statni wardrobe, I must add that I am well aware of the huge SS stocks left in Bohemia and West Moravia at the end of the war, however, since I know the battle orders and the organigrams of the German troops and of the combatants units and territorial forces of the other armed organizations, I think that the warehouses of the Army Group Mitte were not small at all. Furthermore, a black Allgemeine visor should surely come from the Sudetenland and it have anything to do with the end-of-war stocks.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by eantique View Post
                        Thank you for your notice. I think the stamp is the Státní film. Could it be that it was an original cap used in film, like the Czech Film Studios Barandov?
                        Many original SS caps were altered and damaged whilst being used as Statni film props.

Here's another example.
                        http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth-...muetze-371672/

Comment

Hello, today I've looked at my cap in detail and discovered 2 stamps on the inside - the size 54 and the stamp with H B 1939. Otherwise, thank you for the links helped me with the identification.
                          Everything matches a hat on this link: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hersteller+195, except for the inner part that is light.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X