Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Bergmütze

Hello all,

I just picked up this cap and would like to confirm it's a good one. In my opinion a nice private purchase piece. Ex Statni film marked and with a T-style insignia.

William Kramer
    Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It looks like fine original privat made Bergmütze.

Radek

Comment

I’d like to believe it’s a fine original..the pulls on a single button give me pause..I doubt the fakers are making winter liner caps..So..I guess I like it more than I don’t..
              Billbert

Comment

It is possible this is a private purchase hat, but what gets my attention immediately is the soiling on the lower part of the "T" insignia, the area behind the front scallop and at the front of the lining and edge of the bill where it joins the body of the cap. It just doesn't look like it occured due to actual wear which throws the originality into question just like the loops/pulls mentioned by Bilbert. At best a private item but I would not want to own it. Money is better spent elsewhere IMO.

Comment

This cap lacks many of the features seen on issue/contract Bergmuetze. I lean more toward it being a fake or possibly a reworked Frankenstein (yes, even with the authentic looking STATNI stampings).

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                    It is possible this is a private purchase hat, but what gets my attention immediately is the soiling on the lower part of the "T" insignia, the area behind the front scallop and at the front of the lining and edge of the bill where it joins the body of the cap. It just doesn't look like it occured due to actual wear which throws the originality into question just like the loops/pulls mentioned by Bilbert. At best a private item but I would not want to own it. Money is better spent elsewhere IMO.
                    Originally posted by OSS View Post
                    This cap lacks many of the features seen on issue/contract Bergmuetze. I lean more toward it being a fake or possibly a reworked Frankenstein (yes, even with the authentic looking STATNI stampings).
                    Agree
                    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Except for the insignia it strikes me as a Zoll police or customs cap given the quilted lining and singe button. It is not in any way consistent with any of the Heer GBJ regulation cap variations I have seen

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                        Except for the insignia it strikes me as a Zoll police or customs cap given the quilted lining and singe button. It is not in any way consistent with any of the Heer GBJ regulation cap variations I have seen

Customs late war is the best idea , with a WH T applied . When ?
                        Not a WH Bergmütze , even private .
                        Nick

Comment

Most of the cap is nicely rendered but the sewing flub to the front of the cap where body hits visor is a bit troubling. That being noted— i like it more than dislike it.

Robt.

Comment

An unfortunate use of a nice 'T insignia' IMHO.

B. N. Singer

Comment

This is a tough one for me. A typical army bergmuetze has metal ventilation grommets, short bill, leather full or partial sweatband, front stiffener, and no slide pulldowns. Many variations existed, and so a feature or two might be absent but they usually have most of these characteristics and they were not hard for a tailor to replicate.

Yours appears to have none of these features, except the short bill. It could certainly be a tailor made piece as you initially opined, and I see nothing to suggest it couldn't be one.

Bonus points: If the caps turns out to be original, then it would be the first one I've seen that has the brown linen bias tape that is also found on the SS M43's with the printed traps. That shade of bias tape is hated and feared - it has been dismissed as suspicious and worthy of scorn. I happen to like it, so good luck on the cap!

s/f Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X