Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attic Find '' Pz.Gren Officer visor cap

Hello Gent's ,

For opinion i goth this visor cap , straig from attic , not the best quality some moth holes / damages. For me looks to all parts are from this cap ? The sweet band looks to be a little repair.
    All replies are welcome .
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hallo Silesia

Honestly this is a very strange visor. From shot no. 2 I see a series of holes above the eagle (and therefore I have to think it was restitched); I see some strange whitish traces under the oakleaves & cockade (and therefore I have to think it was glued); but above all (and this is clearly evident in all the images) I see three different types of cloth and color shades used for all the external panels. This can not be the effect of discoloration and frankly it is incomprehensible to me. The three piping rows are very unusual and, at most, I would think of a faded yellow color. The state of conservation of the lining does not fit with the peak's underside which is almost new internally; the sweatband is glued. In the end, I think it's a Franky, so I do not understand how it can come from an attic.

I will scrutinize a public comparison with the Holters logo as soon as possible, but I can not believe that one of the most refined manufacturers of visors of the TR period could have produced something like that ...

Best regards

Comment

Agree, this is one weird cap. The different fabrics especially. J

Comment

As I had announced, the Holters’ dedicated thread by comparison:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=holters

and a study about the Holters’ locations since 1918 to 1937:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=holters

Best regards

Comment

Frankenstein trapped in an attic. Maybe better off left there....?

Robt.

Comment

I’m not a fan... matt

Comment

I agree, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Mads

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
                  Hallo Silesia

Honestly this is a very strange visor. From shot no. 2 I see a series of holes above the eagle (and therefore I have to think it was restitched); I see some strange whitish traces under the oakleaves & cockade (and therefore I have to think it was glued); but above all (and this is clearly evident in all the images) I see three different types of cloth and color shades used for all the external panels. This can not be the effect of discoloration and frankly it is incomprehensible to me. The three piping rows are very unusual and, at most, I would think of a faded yellow color. The state of conservation of the lining does not fit with the peak's underside which is almost new internally; the sweatband is glued. In the end, I think it's a Franky, so I do not understand how it can come from an attic.

I will scrutinize a public comparison with the Holters logo as soon as possible, but I can not believe that one of the most refined manufacturers of visors of the TR period could have produced something like that ...

Best regards
                  Hello enorepap

Please beliwe me so this cap is directly from attic find , and nothing was made now in this cap .

But i beliwe so sometime photos with not natural ligh can mislead .Thats i will make some other photos with daylight .

''From shot no. 2 I see a series of holes above the eagle (and therefore I have to think it was restitched); I see some strange whitish traces under the oakleaves & cockade (and therefore I have to think it was glued); ''

The eagle is not restitched is only ''dirt and dust'' - cap was not cleaned . The ''trange whitish traces under the oakleaves & cockade (and therefore I have to think it was glued); '' is not glue ony some moth holes , please look at the picture . About ''three different types of cloth '' - its not true , its ony two types of cloth , cap was heavily used , so the ''the upper part'' of cap is a faded.

About '' The state of conservation of the lining does not fit with the peak's underside which is almost new internally; the sweatband is glued. In the end, I think it's a Franky, so I do not understand how it can come from an attic ''

nothing in this cap is ''glued'' , all is stitched , there is no gram of glue in this cap !

about ''I will scrutinize a public comparison with the Holters logo as soon as possible, but I can not believe that one of the most refined manufacturers of visors of the TR period could have produced something like that ...''
                  About Holters cap's they are some opinon so they made them not in his home , and was some ''variations'' .

I attach a few photos in another light.

cheers and thank you for your opinion and description, I appreciate it !
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RGD51 View Post
                      Frankenstein trapped in an attic. Maybe better off left there....?

Robt.

I don't undersand opinion like this one Robt. , i think so if someone can tell something wise to say then whay not , but opinion like this one are not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                        I’m not a fan... matt
                        thank you for your opinion matt , everyone can express their opinions, but I would ask for some more specific observations, maybe we will be able to discuss , topic about Holters products are in the circle of my interests.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                          Agree, this is one weird cap. The different fabrics especially. J
                          Thx Jaques for reply , I'm curious myself.

Comment

Originally posted by PZKG View Post
                            I agree, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Mads
                            no problem , you do not have to

Comment

Originally posted by silesia-antik View Post
                              I don't undersand opinion like this one Robt. , i think so if someone can tell something wise to say then whay not , but opinion like this one are not for me.
                              Well, frankly, I have to admit I’m warming up to it. Is it possible from a frugality point of view that a factory, regardless of how prestigeous, simply wasted no fabric and used every piece of wool that was usable? ......ie: a factory franky. In the realm of fieldcaps we have a maker like Lubstein that used different color twills to make the trop caps....they look like this cap looks— a hodge podge patchwork but still quite wearable. Only a thought and why would a faker do a cap like this.

Robt.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X