SA Feldjägerkorps kepi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Feldjägerkorps kepi

Hello all was curious as to what you all think in regards to this kepi? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have treated 99% of these as suspect.

The late Bob Coleman was with late Ed Stadnicki at the SOS some years back.
    Ed had a cache of loose FJK insignia that he had found years prior and sold at the show.
    Bob took note of these, predicting that the insignia would come back on the market, but now on FJK Kepis (which is exactly what happened).

All of these bear the same characteristics--winter weight wool with white that shows no age at all (while the insignia always show age/wear).
    I am afraid this is one of them.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Additionally, this is a 1936 pattern kepi. Since the FJK was absorbed into the Polizei in 1934-35, it's not FJK. The body and visor of the cap are the wrong color for the FJK. Wrong pattern RZM label IMO as well. It's an original kepi with the color band and grommets replaced.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Here is another one that just popped up on auction:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This one is constructed correctly however the color of the wool is incorrect. If it's mottled brown as it appears in the image, it is likely another rebuilt kepi.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
            This one is constructed correctly however the color of the wool is incorrect. If it's mottled brown as it appears in the image, it is likely another rebuilt kepi.
            Erich

Erich, can't tell--they use too much flash.
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is what the late Bob Coleman said about these Kepis:

"In the bits and pieces left over from the Ed Stadnicki collection were a couple of dozen genuine stars. I saw a European dealer, who was well known for having high end fake kepis made, buy all of them. I thought to myself that within 18 months fake Feldjaeger kepis would come on the market. As I presumed, they did appear and were almost perfect. The maker made a mistake and used a brown RZM tag, which came in to existence after the Feldjaeger were disbanded. I saw one on the price list of a very well known dealer. I contacted him to let him know it was a mistake and he replied asking me to not say anything."
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X