Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavalry Feldmuetze Alter Art

Got this in the post today.

I would rate this one as quite rare because in the whole time since I've been collecting, I've only ever seen 2 or 3 other Schellenberg Alter Art caps or "crushers".

It's got a few holes and the sweatband stitching is mostly gone which some moron tried to remedy with glue but at least it's the original s-band. It has a machine sewn wreath installed before the cap was sewn together, a flexible pasteboard and a leather visor which is quite interesting because it's the type which has been pressed in a mould and looks like a regular vulcanfibre visor. It's also thicker leather than more commonly seen. As a result, it's not that flexible anymore.

This is why I love Alter Art caps, there are so many variations of the style and design. I would suggest that this one would have been a smart dress hat rather than one to wear in the field.

The Cavalry boys were all about style, that's for sure!

Sorry about the photos, my camera wasn't playing ball today hence the washed out look.

It could do with a steam to be honest, the pasteboard has a few creases, probably due to poor storage. I'll leave that for another day though..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BenVK; 11-02-2018, 04:18 PM.

I've often wondered how they made these pasteboards.
    Seems to be buckram coated in a flexible substance of some sort. This one is white but you can find them coated in black as well.
    Attached Files

Comment

What an awesome piece Ben! You should add this to our pinned crusher thread, Schellenbergs are indeed hard to find as alter Art examples. Thanks for sharing... Kurt

Comment

Cavalry Alter Art

Ben...SPECTACULAR!!! what a great crusher...cograts

Comment

Whoof , now this is a visor. I sold my cav crusher and have been kicking my self ever since. Trust Ben to find one. J

Comment

A very stylish beauty

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Ben, fantastic find (as always!)
                Those molded leather visors are hyper-rare.
                Congrats, my friend....
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

It's a beuty

Carlo

Comment

superb, would fit nice to my Kav.Reg.17 collection

Comment

That is a killer cap! Matt

Comment

Superb and rare. That is a killer cap!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Gave it a steam and got my camera working properly this time which makes all the difference to the true shades of the fabric and piping.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Fabulous cap Ben, great pix too. So that visor is an embossed leather with look of vulkan fiber? Very sharp.

Robt.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X