No announcement yet.

Heer general visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It spawns envy making us covet thy neighbor’s General’s caps. It therefore forces us to seriously consider allocating more of our household budgets to buying really cool militaria for our collections thus impoverishing our households operating budget. Thus, it makes us work harder in our various fields in order to make up the deficit. This betters us as human beings AND provides more tax revenues to our respective governments resulting in more wars being affordable thus creating more militaria for future generations to collect.

Comment

Hallo Rick

An interesting point of view that combines humor to individual and collective psychological introspection, passing through micro-economic evaluations, incentives to produce willingly for the big brother, rehabilitation of the public deficit and control of world demography. I fully agree with it, except in the last step: "thus creating more militaria for future generations to be collected". In fact, given that, since a long time, the military are worldwide dressed as garbage collectors (to avoid misunderstanding, I really appreciate the fundamental work of all kinds of garbage collectors) future generations will only collect rags, except those who have - and still will obviously - the bellows wallet.

Best regards

Marcello

Comment

You have a very good point Marcello. Today's armies have no 'pizzaz' at all. I remember my Dad telling me of how spiffy his opponents (Germans) dressed during the second war, festooned with badges and medals which, I suppose, is part of why I collect this nonsense.

I would like to see armies go back to dressing with the class of the old empires. Always thought the Russians had very cool dress uniforms. Germans too of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
          You have a very good point Marcello. Today's armies have no 'pizzaz' at all. I remember my Dad telling me of how spiffy his opponents (Germans) dressed during the second war, festooned with badges and medals which, I suppose, is part of why I collect this nonsense.

I would like to see armies go back to dressing with the class of the old empires. Always thought the Russians had very cool dress uniforms. Germans too of course.

I totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post

Now this thread is going in the right direction!
            I totally agree as well.
            Even the US Army looked good in their "pinks & greens" (& better than those navy-type uniforms with the berets):
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

God, I hate those berets. Green Berets ~ okay but the rest ~ NOT. Give them back to the French and redeploy nice saddleform visors.

Comment

Generals visor

Well,
                All things said, someone got a great visor at a decent price. Nice piece of history.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                  Now this thread is going in the right direction!
                  I totally agree as well.
                  Even the US Army looked good in their "pinks & greens" (& better than those navy-type uniforms with the berets):
                  Indeed, the pinks & greens were quite attractive. Why the Army chose for everyone to wear a beret is beyond me.
                  My father, a USAAF WWII veteran, had military honors at his funeral, with a captain & staff sgt. present in dress blues, but with those damn berets.
                  In case anyone needs id's in the photos, in the larger one, left to right, is Lt.Gen Jimmy Doolitle, CO 8th Air Force, MG Wm. Kepner Co 8th Fighter Command, and Col. Don Blakeslee CO 4th Fighter Group.
                  In the smaller photo is Blakeslee and Capt, Dom Gentile, a leading ace of the 4th FG.
                  Those were the days, when giants walked the earth. Now..., not so much.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X