UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this WW2 German Waffen S.S. officer’s peaked cap "Schellenberg maker marked" Real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this WW2 German Waffen S.S. officer’s peaked cap "Schellenberg maker marked" Real

Hello All!

Please can you tell me if this : Description:-"WW2 German Waffen S.S. officer’s peaked cap.... Interior retains sweat stained silk liner, showing Schellenberg maker marked celluloid diamond and service worn grey leather sweatband, which is DRGM #14.19.504. Approx. size 57." is real or fake?

Thankyou

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attach...024_103911.jpg

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attach...7400dfee7b.jpg

no

Rebanded Heer visor in my opinion

Comment

IMO the scull is a fake

Carlo

Comment

Originally posted by drbill View Post
        Rebanded Heer visor in my opinion
        What's that going on here?
        Attached Files

Comment

Rebanded WH.
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Which site is selling this cap? I am pretty sure I have seen this cap for sale on websites before.....always listed as a Heer cap with added velvet band.

Comment

This is undoubtedly a Schelly WH Infantry, which was disguised as WSS with an awkwardly applied black band. I also see the double holes of a previous eagle and then ... originally a beautiful visor sacrificed on the altar of the greedy profit.

Best regards

Comment

One of the worst efforts of butchering a Heer visor that I have seen. J

Comment

Hideous. To ruin a good visor to create garbage like this is disgusting.
                  Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Further query

So is Definately fake?

Is the insignia not even Deschler and Sohn by chance?
                    Is that fake insignia too?

What price would you value it at?

Thanks for your replies

Comment

If you don't do it, I would be happy to!

Buy it for $400, tear the SS insignia and that black band off, replace it with proper WH insignia - and place it on display with the rest of your collection.
                      It's still a very nice Schellenberg WH Officer cap.

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                        Buy it for $400, tear the SS insignia and that black band off, replace it with proper WH insignia - and place it on display with the rest of your collection.
                        Thanks Wyeth, but i think the starting bid is $1837. So i think they trying to sell it as original 🤣.
                        Appreciate your advice.

Is the insignia worth anything? Are they real you think?
                        What maker do you think if so?

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                          Best option right there. Unfortunately from the OP's last post the seller is either dishonest or unaware and attempting to sell as original WSS.

Comment

Of course the seller/dealer knows what this cap truly is. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it has a black velvet band placed on top of the green. IMO the insignia are real and he knows that too so at least $1300 for those.

So yeah, he deserves a bashing for trying to claim it's an original SS cap from top to bottom but knowing who the dealer is, it's no surprise.

However, I don't think the cap itself deserves the bashing you guys have given it.

We all know that Heer caps were converted to SS during the period and I think this might be one of them. I say that because the velvet fabric itself looks from the period and typical Kleiderkasse stock. The way it's been applied also looks authentic. In my experience, you don't see many post war re-bands like this. They usually cut off the green band and try and sew or glue the velvet on, with different degrees of sophistication. Another detail I personally like is that the velvet band seam is at the front. I don't imagine many people post war would think to do that, they would most likely place the seam at the back as is usual.

The problem with Heer/SS conversions though is obvious. It's all conjecture without photographic proof.

So then have to judge the value on the sum of the parts which looks to be exactly what the seller has done, although with a starting bid right at the top end of what it possibly is worth.

Comment

Opportunity to make some cash!

So like you say . . . maybe it is a war-time creation - or maybe not.

I'll make a deal with you, Ben. Make him an offer of $1500 . . . and for as difficult it's gonna' be to sell, I'll bet you he'll be happy to part with it at that price. Then, when you get it in hand, and find out it's not what you think it is . . . I'll give you the $400 for the cap - and you can sell the badges off to someone else.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X