WSS EM/NCO crusher cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSS EM/NCO crusher cap

Here is a WSS NCO/EM mid war crusher cap. Body is mid period german wool with white wool piping. Leather visor shows wear and age, one small tear. Sweat band is
    leather and cream color. Liner is golden yellow artificial silk with absolutely no size or maker marks. Size is approx. 58. This piece was veteran family obtained and the skull has been restored.
    Attached Files

The inner band is black oil cloth covered buckram/stiff fabric, the body is very flexible and crushable.

Comment

Apart from the insignia which are real, the cap itself is a load of crap.

Comment

No way at all. Even the wool is nothing like original wartime wool.

Comment

Hallo drbill

This so-called mid war crusher cap shows many problems.

- The body was artificially aged
          - Strangely the black band has an unacceptable ripple and also contrasts with the consumption of the gray-green wool
          - The lining and the sweatband are almost new while the body is very worn out
          - What is the usefulness of the cork? In a true crusher it would be broken immediately!

Finally, did you acquire the cap from the vet's family or indirectly from someone else? I ask you because I do not understand the reasons for a vet's family to reassemble the skull ...

Consequently

Best regards

Comment

thanks

Skull had been removed by vet and hat was given to me by 70 year old vet's daughter , I replaced the skull with original. So no prob. if no one believes, I understand. Thanks for all comments!

Comment

If someone told me the insignia were taken from a fez I would be easily convinced.

Ian

Comment

yes
                look like fez insignia

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X