Propaganda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Propaganda

I am a collector of Erel. I've never seen an erel like that, in my opinion and a Pekuro, also a Frankestestain estand ......
    Carlo
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=979076

PS
    I dont speak english,sorry

Carlo, I am glad you opened the the tread. I was considering it as well, but he was still posting and I did not see the inside yet. Not an original visor imo, total put together or groundup fake. J

Comment

Finally an asserted high-end visor to discuss, also to check if, as many say, WAF is in the pre-agonic phase. Well, let's start from the outside:

- the front badges are not coeval also because they are extremely in contrast for obvious reasons that would not escape a neophyte collector. What does that eagle have to do with it? It is a real orgy of contrasting colors. I must also say that the seams are not convincing, as I will say below examining the internal signs of the badges' seams.
      - the gray pipings shows strange shortcomings. I do not think it's the flash. Maybe recoloured white? Or have they been badly replaced and poorly sewn?

Let's go now inside:
      - I see two holes on the top of the lining front panel. In my opinion, the signs of the prongs of an original metallic object.
      - no indication that it is an eReL. Probably a PeKuRo-style, as evidenced by the front reinforcement.
      - the front pasteboard is a gruyere but I can see well the holes of the prongs of a previous two-pieces oakleaves & cockade.

In short, I think that there is enough to gloss over other secondary aspects. Now we'll see if WAF is still alive and well

According to my humble opinion, Carlo is right.

Consequently

Comment

Odd hat. Eagle is actually Forestry; wreath is Kriegsdauer; green underside to visor.
        There is evidence of prior metal insignia as Marcello points out.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Strange, still sits on the estand with no comments of the seller? J

Comment

Jacquesf is right.

No reaction

Comment

PS It says EXTRA..not ErEl ..on the front of sweatband..Billbert

Comment

All that propaganda about it being a Propaganda.....reading the clues IS important! Bilbert is owed a couple of beers...

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                  PS It says EXTRA..not ErEl ..on the front of sweatband..Billbert
                  He sais that is an Erel

Carlo

Comment

Hi,

text and pictures as PDF for the WAF archives.

See You

Vince

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

RARE and RIGHT Propaganda Offficers Visor

OK collectors. Here's a RARE one to add to your visor cap collection because these doesn't come up for sale often.
                    Visor cap over-all is in excellent condition but does have a couple areas that keep it from being mint. First to the top you can see in the pictures a couple of what I'll call staining. Ive never messed with cleaning it for the ovious reasons. Second is the split to the front of the leather sweat band and Third one small moth nip.
                    The body of the visor is almost like a fine doe skin wool material and the darker green band is fine softer wool. The piping is in the color GREY for Propaganda. The Eagle and wreath are bullion and no doubt original to the cap. The underlayment to the eagle is of the same color and material as the visor band. Both the eagle and wreath have no oxidation and look excellent. The silver braided chin cord is also in great condition as are the two cord buttons. The bill is a beautiful shinny black with no cracks, seperation fron the body or crazing.
                    The golden yellow silk liner is dirty from hair oil and time. Again, the leather sweat band is split in the front. There is a makers name of EREL imbossed to the leather. I see no evidence that this ever had a sweat diamond/shield to the inside as I can not find any stitching or holes. To the underside of the leather sweat band are the numbers 57 for the size and 17 for who knows why of for what.
                    I wish it had a name to it but it does not.

Yes, the price is steep and I'm testing the waters here ONLY because I have never seen one for sale so I don't know where to start.
                    I'm stepping out here because of its rareity on the price. I offer this to you at $2000.00 (as paypal friends/family) shipped to you in the US. I will not send this outside the US, sorry collectors.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think the visor itself could be original (not the insignia - at least not to this cap), but I believe the piping is simply faded Transport - the dye used on those broke down pretty easily, and I am seeing some of the whitish fading I have seen on many Transport visors. Also, another "Extra" that is identified as Erel by the same seller: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=979407 My eyes ain't what they used to be, either, so I am not criticizing the seller for that error.

Don
                      Last edited by DonC; 10-24-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

All I can say about the Visor I own here is that with this much criticism it should be removed.

I will never attempt to challenge the minds of other in this hobby as we all have our opinions and it usually ends up in a nasty discussion. Your opinions are yours and my opinions are mine.

I am not mad or upset with the opinions of other because we all know not everything is textbook.

And yes it does say EXTRA to the leather band and not EREL.

For those that rely on the hands on approach and not what pictures show, this will be with me at the Show of Shows in February.

Comment

With all that has been said about this visor, the seller is still selling it and not making a link to this thread.

Comment

Where is Glenn McInnes ?, the owner asks $ 1600 for this crap in e-stand

Carlo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X