Army Generals Overseas Cap For Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Generals Overseas Cap For Opinions Please

Army Generals Overseas Cap For Opinions Please. Thanks, Mark.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The construction is very crude IMO and looks to be a reproduction.

Comment

Can you be specific? Where are those areas of crude construction?

Looks darn close to mine except I've got slightly different gromets.

Comment

The gold piping around the top is very wave-like and the cloth pinched in one or two places. The eagle looks poorly applied and is actually leaning to the (its) left. The stitching in double rows as seen in the front is not even and the stitching in general seems to wander. The quality I would expect to see just is NOT there. The way the piping disappears at the top rear is poorly done and the cap does not have a smooth, flat, neat appearance.

Comment

?
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that flaw is way beyond acceptable as is the whole cap.

Comment

Generals Cap

Hi guys. Thanks for the comments so far. Hopefully fresher pics will help. That flaw is actually not a flaw. It has been stored for years and is just creased. I retook the pic of that area and you can see it is no longer there. The eagle application looks very nice with the zip and flip method of stitching. Hope this helps. Thanks, Mark.

This first pic is of the area deemed a "flaw".
                  Attached Files

Comment

more
                    Attached Files

Comment

next
                      Attached Files

Comment

last
                        Attached Files

Comment

Cant quite put my finger on it. may have been made up to look like a generals cap, lacking quality in several areas & materials don't look too good on pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                            The gold piping around the top is very wave-like and the cloth pinched in one or two places. The eagle looks poorly applied and is actually leaning to the (its) left. The stitching in double rows as seen in the front is not even and the stitching in general seems to wander. The quality I would expect to see just is NOT there. The way the piping disappears at the top rear is poorly done and the cap does not have a smooth, flat, neat appearance.
                            I agree it looks like they used an old SB from another cap that was once sewn in using a type of whip cord stitch and the grommits look cannibalize from another cap or just complete junk same as the other officers cap posted
                            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

With respect,

~" lacking quality in several areas & materials don't look too good on pictures."~

can you explain or is this just some epiphany we need to take on faith?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X