5TH Gebirgsjager Division Bergmutze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Fellow Collectors, The reason we gather here is to enjoy our hobby, share items from our collections. Also to share our respective knowledge: The last time I posted something in this forum, a member wrote in all caps that he thought it was bad. If that man had been standing in front of me screaming his head off . I would of beat the crap out of him, as I have zero tolerance for obnoxious behavior.

This cap came from Bill Shea, in the spirit of full disclosure it should of been mentioned that. The tee shaped eagle had been reapplied , it has been sewn at the top and glued at the bottom. Also a forum member BergfuherKiser , mentioned to me that the 5th GBR Regiment insignia came from the Austrian resort Kitzbuhl. I'm not sure if these were used during the war or post war addition. Finally the same member informed that this cap was made prior to 1943 , after that time the silver braid was added. This is a custom made cap of doe skin, the straps are sewn in place. It has a few moth nips, and a repair above the eagle.

Peter.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by /krim4142; 09-08-2018, 11:12 PM.

photo number two.
    Attached Files

Comment

5TH Gebrigsjager Division Bergmutze

photo number three.
      Attached Files

Comment

photo number four
        Attached Files

Comment

photo number five
          Attached Files

Comment

5TH Gebrigsjager Division Bergmutze

photo number six
            Attached Files

Comment

Original cap , no problem .
              Badges reapplied but when ?
              The Gams badge looks to be a civilian one , not an official 5th GJ Division badge .
              Nick

Comment

The metal insignia are not sewn through the cap, however the edelweisse still has a piece of thread hanging down. Not what you would expect from a tailor: BerfuhrerKiser made exactly the same point about the Kitzbuhl insignia, being wrong. I will keep the cap as an example, as they very seldom enter the market for sale. In conclusion I do not how my post finished up , in the wrong section of the forum. I have asked a moderator to move it to the correct forum.

Peter.

Comment

It was purchased off of german ebay..both side insignia resided on the cap..if anything was added postwar metal insignia wise it was done by the veteran..it was purchased for a paltry sum when acquired off EBay...billbert
                  A lovely cap that I wish could talk..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X