Almi tropical Herr M40 cap ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
    I am told it was sold for approx US$3500 in UK pounds.

Is $3500 a fair price for a restored 1942 tropical M40 with soutache ?
    NO - It is not.
    Does not seem out of this world given what an untouched original can sell for these days,

Chris
    Can sell for is the operative phrase, Chris - it doesn't mean they all do or should.
    Mark
    NZ

Comment

Originally posted by NZMark View Post
      Can sell for is the operative phrase, Chris - it doesn't mean they all do or should.
      Mark
      NZ
      $3500us for this restored cap is pretty high. Agree with Mark

The price these days for an M40 is largely subjective. One collectors good deal will be considered a ripoff by others. Mike's site has a restored faded bone white Frankenstein M40 for $2200us (on hold/sold). That cap is a real Afrikaner

Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 06-17-2018, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NZMark View Post
        Mark
        NZ
        Hello Mark,

yes I agree some can sell for less, depending on the circumstances and who is selling to who. However, the one sold by Regimentals shown on this thread was sold and gone from the site within 48 hours of it first being listed.

The "restored faded bone white Frankenstein M40 for $2200us ( real Afrikaner ?)" was reserved within 24 hours of being listed, it was then on hold by the end of the week. I know this because I inquired about it on the first day it appeared on Virtual Grenadier and was told someone else had already inquired about it before me.

I look and seek to find soutached/ soutache-removed examples at prices lower than US $3500 but it is very, very hard to find them at reduced prices these days.

As for an untouched 1940 or 1941 dated examples with original insignia and soutache, you can easily double or triple these prices. Most changing hands between collectors and not even making it to dealers sites.

If I am out of touch or unrealistic then could others please share examples of such caps selling cheaper today,

Chris
        Last edited by 90th Light; 06-17-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Try this one
          http://www.militaryantiques.co.uk/1s...ap-item-78789/
          A soutache removed 1942 Halfar with a worn cockade at £1850 (about US$2500)
          Seems still to be for sale
          Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X