Opinions on Cap Piping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
    JohnnyR gave a nice detailed explanation about how carmesine piping was worn by lower rank, drivers em nco insupport of the GS. It was done officially. J
    Yes sir. That's what I'm saying. There were enlisted/NCO soldiers assigned to duty with the Generalstab, like any headquarters.
    Memory is a little foggy but I think I have seen an enlisted hat or tunic with that piping and the owner maintained the soldier was not a veterinary assistant, but that they had some story about how he worked for the GS.

Comment

Here's a couple of pics showing the side vents for Ben and another pic of the hat (although this one makes it looks like Panzer).

Thanks to all who have commented.

vr

Bob
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Waffenreich; 05-21-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

JohnnyR posted this page from a period reference in the Heer Uniforms Forum showing that the color Karmesin (Carmine) was authorized on the EM/NCO straps for the staff section of OKH.

I guess this should put any discussion to rest regarding whether EM/NCOs wore Carmine piping. So now I have to wonder who wore this hat, Vet or staff member?

Thanks John!
        Attached Files

Comment

Sometimes the vents were installed by the company tailor, but IMO, these are factory installed.
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here's the pic I had of a vented EM Heer cap being worn.

It is interesting that he is wearing a transitional tunic, yet standard "2nd pattern" Heer cap eagle.
            Attached Files

Comment

Neat photo Bob!

Yes, we see a lot of even studio photos where soldiers are playing "mix and match" with early and late insignia. Cases such as early shoulder straps they fished out of hiding and stuck on a late tunic, or substituting a bottle green collar to a later tunic, are just some examples.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X