Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visor chinstrap opinions please

Hi.

I would really appreciate your opinions on this chinstrap.
    The inside material has a white color as you can see in one of the pictures.

Anyone know if this is german WWII made, german post war, some other country or a fake?

Thanks.

Regards,
    André
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

There is some sort of a makermark on one of the buttons, but it's difficult to see what all the letters are. Anyone recognize it and know what company it is?

You can see the white material that is inside of the chinstrap where the hole for the button is.
      Attached Files

Comment

Maker mark says "Echt Prym", which is post war era manufacture for prym snaps. If I do recall rightly these chinstraps can be find also on post war firemans caps.

Comment

Postwar firemen or Bundesmarine caps are made of plastic .
          This strap seems to be made of leatherette with a black varnish on it ?
          Nick

Comment

Thank you so much for the replies. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
            André

Comment

Your welcome. Pictures accompanying aren't the chinstrap you have but both visors are postwar with non-plastic chinstraps, be it leather or artificial leather. The Prym snap on your chinstrap is post-war, wartime snaps have the txt PRYM and a sizenumber, 4 up to 7.
              Attached Files

Comment

I was talking about Bundesmarine post 55 style chin straps with snap + buckle !
                Not postwar firemen where this type of strap is very rare to observed ?
                Nick

Comment

Hello Nick,
                  I once got a postwar firemens visor ( 1952 or 53 ) with a leather chinstrap and a button on the side as the one André has shown only not with a snap but a fixed button to a slider, so it looked kind of familiar to me but as said ... if I do recall rightly, meaning I'm not sure. Should be lying around hear somewhere but haven't found it yet. Anyway, beside the question of what it exactly is ... "Echt Prym" is postwar Prym production.
                  André, I hope someone recognizes the chinstrap for what it is, with best of luck, Seth.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X