Luftwaffe winter cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe winter cap

Hello everyone, I got this cap a while ago from a friend at a coin shop. (the stuff that walks into coin shops is sometimes unbelievable) As far as I can tell its a pretty nice cap and its a fine piece in the collection. just looking for any information on it as they seem uncommon? opinions are welcomed, figured I would share it with the forums

many thanks

Brayden
    Attached Files

Not that uncommon and not that high valued ...
    Piles of them in different conditions were found in the center of Europe years ago .
    With original sewn on badges is a bit more interesting !
    Nick

Comment

As stated neither common nor uncommon..not as common as its army and police counterparts..the fact that there appears to be not TEARS is a big plus..I would guess in today’s market 375 might be a good value Billbert

Comment

Hmm interesting, when I was looking for others for references I couldn't find much thus why I believed it to be a bit uncommon. Didn't even really manage to find any period photos of this cap being used. The cap is on the low end scale regarding prices compared to others. I think I seen one for sale on the highend of it for $600

Didnt know there was a pile of them found in Europe a couple of years ago! Would like to know more about it.

Thanks

Brayden

Comment

I was also unaware of a haul in various conditions being found..I am aware that a LARGE HAUL of army and police styles were found only a few years back ..Displayed on a proper head..You cap in my opinion..Is quite fetching..Billbert

Comment

Thanks! I personally like it quite a bit, it's actually the first cap of its kind that I have bought. Im 17 but an avid collector so I dont quite have the income to be adding something to the collection thats jaw dropping

Comment

I think you’ve done well..congrats Billbert
              Most likely a GI bring back in this case..

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice pic and nice cap. J
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the Photos! These are of good help and reference

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X