• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful Ben!

Comment

I really like it! Nice nco too

Comment

Nice visors and nice materials on the officer, congrats! I do very much like the "melliert" weave lightweight cloth, don't see that often! Possibly rayon in the cloth (?) because of the silky feel, gives a shiny reflection when photographed with flash or in sunlight. I have an arti crusher / visor with the same cloth ( and the occasional cat hairs ), although very well used with some repairs still one of my favourites exactly because of the melliert cloth. These well used visors always have a charme, maybe interesting to start a topic on well used visors, I like the look of the used interior on your NCO and although I actually have no doubt about it I wish you the best of luck getting your officer "clean" again . Best, Seth.
        Attached Files

Comment

Awesome cap Seth, would love to see more of that one!

Certainly looks like the same fabric. Never heard the name "melliert" before, very interesting thanks.

Comment

Thx Ben, melliert is German for multicolored weave, if I remember correct the term originates from the early parasmocks. The fabrics weave on my visor top is a bit different from yours as far as I can see from the pictures but is also a very thin and lightweight one. More pictures no problem but I'll have to downsize them first, do you want me to post them here or would you like me to start a new topic on the visor?
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ben,
              Your luck never seems to run out - bit like your cat and it's nine lives.
              Off topic, use sticky tape or masking tape and use the sticky side to remove all that unwanted cat / dog hair. Works wonders. And BTW love your visors mate.
              Regards, Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve!

Mate, I've spent a fortune on sticky tape and those roller things over the years. It works to a degree but never gets all the hair.

I've just had to resign myself to looking like a tramp in public!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X