Stonemint should have Lifetime Membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stonemint should have Lifetime Membership

In celebration of WAF member Stonemint's 20,000th post, I would hereby like to recommend him for Lifetime Membership of WAF.

His effort to help and educate fellow collectors on this forum (and others) has, and continues to be phenomenal and IMO, without equal.

On a personal note, he has helped me countless times over the years, and everytime with no thought what so ever for his own gain or agenda, for which I will be forever grateful.

In other words, Chris is a rare breed, a stand up guy and a true gentleman.

I hope we can all make this Lifetime Membership happen because no one deserves it more than he.

Cheers buddy.
    Ben

I strongly second that nomination.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
      In celebration of WAF member Stonemint's 20,000th post, I would hereby like to recommend him for Lifetime Membership of WAF.

His effort to help and educate fellow collectors on this forum (and others) has, and continues to be phenomenal and IMO, without equal.

On a personal note, he has helped me countless times over the years, and everytime with no thought what so ever for his own gain or agenda, for which I will be forever grateful.

In other words, Chris is a rare breed, a stand up guy and a true gentleman.

I hope we can all make this Lifetime Membership happen because no one deserves it more than he.

Cheers buddy.
      Ben
      I think we went down this road a few years ago Ben, he was already given a lifetime membership by a unanimously vote and like you said well deserved
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...mbership+award
      Last edited by Lenny W; 02-13-2018, 05:55 PM.
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

No-Brainer, there!
        Certainly well-deserved. But I think he already has one, doesn't he?
        And I think next, it's your turn, Ben . . .
        Attached Files

Comment

I agree. I will bring it up on the mod forum.
          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Well, stone me, he does already!

I honestly hadn't noticed, that's sure went under the radar..

Oh well, how about double lifetime membership!

Nah, that sounds too much like shawshank redemption.

Comment

Seriously well deserved, and I’d even go so far as to say that he could have the cloth headgear sub-forum named after him.

My experience with stonemint has been consistently and overwhelmly positive. He’s always been generous with his time and gracious with his perspective. His experience is significant and he has never asked for anything in return. I see him always assessing and reassessing every nuance of period headgear construction, technique, and materials - and most importantly, sharing this with the collective.

I seriously don’t know how he finds the Tim e, to be honest.

But a prodigious boon to the hobby, without question. Countless here are indebted to him in one way or another.

J-
              Last edited by JasonA; 02-13-2018, 06:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
                I agree. I will bring it up on the mod forum.
                How about these 2 guys they deserve one as well
                BenVK and enorepap
                Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Indeed..BenvK and encorepop..Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                    Indeed..BenvK and encorepop..Billbert

Comment

I don't collect headgear but have never seen him not help out with questions here and warning people of fakes and frauds that come to market.

Comment

Cannot agree more. Without Chris the headgear forum would not be the same. J

Comment

I´ll agree

Andy

Comment

Gents, thanks for the kind comments (and Ben especially). It has been a real pleasure working with you all over the life of this forum, and my contributions were never done in isolation--they are the product combined knowledge that you all have shared with me both on & off the forum. Hopefully, we have made a serious dent in the faker's wallets and have saved others from making the same mistakes we all made in our youth (and boy, did I make some!)

My only regret is that I cannot meet more of you in person, but hopefully one of these days I will get my a$$ over to Europe (or J, in your case, South Africa).

PS--thanks for the re-nomination--I don't need another membership, but I will take the "2nd Lifetime" part!

NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

PPS-- I second the motion for both Ben & Marcello
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X