WH Genl Crusher by Paul Kaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WH Genl Crusher by Paul Kaps

Up for auction on a premier auctions site.

Description:

Deutsches Reich 1933 - 1945 - Heer - Afrikakorps : Army "Crusher" Visor to Lieutenant General Baade.
    Army "Crusher" Visor to Lieutenant General Baade. Army Crusher attributed to Lieutenant General Ernst-Günther Baade (20 August 1897 - 8 May 1945). General's Crusher with very attractive bullion eagle with wreath and cockade. Interior is marked PAUL KAPS, NEISSE and his initials EGB (Ernst Gunther Baade). Beautifully toned insignia and piping! Visor is pictured on page 284 of "Die 8. Panzer Division der Deutschen Wehrmacht" Volume II by Richard Kindel.
    Zustand 2
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

does anyone have a scan of page 284 of "Die 8. Panzer Division der Deutschen Wehrmacht" Volume II by Richard Kindel?
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Some pics, but not of this visor.

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53330

Comment

I'm not getting any warm fuzzes from these pics... Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
          I'm not getting any warm fuzzes from these pics... Kurt

Kurt, you are not the only one!
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is a partial of the logo:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

ba(a)d(e)

It does look rather ba(a)d(e). If he died 8 May '45 I would at least expect a bullet hole through it.

Comment

That ain't no Paul Kaps.

Comment

There's been a lot of Baade uniform items cropping up of late.

Don

Comment

If the cap is bad, has someone informed Andreas Thies about it ?

Maybe still time for him to get this straight with the client who won the auction ?

I can not do this as he will ask me "why ?" and I can not answer this question.

Regards
                    Christian

Comment

It is difficult to make a judgment from these long-range images. Anyway, I'll try.

Among the positive factors I can only list the fact that the oakleaves seem to be of the same type Kaps usually used (always waiting for page 284 of "Die 8. Panzer Division der Deutschen Wehrmacht" Volume II by Richard Kindel of course).

Among the negative factors the image n. 8: never seen the Kaps logo printed in this way on such a type of lining.

Unfortunately there are no images of the sweatband and its sewing; of the cardboard; of the lining stitching. These images are essential and in the absence of them I agree with Kurt and Ben.

For Don: can you please indicate the links to Baade uniform items' cropping up of late?

I will be happy to be denied because a Baade's original visor would be a historical relic of a certain importance and so I would be happy to see it (even in photography)

Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X